This Friday we all have a wonderful opportunity to ask a real, live pharmacist who specializes in diabetes prevention, care and management any questions we want.  Let's not waste this chance, friends!  Pharmacist George Tohme is incredibly knowledgeable and experienced, and will be joining us live on the TuDiabetes homepage at 1pm PST, 4pm EST to talk about diabetes, lifestyle, insulin resistance and more.

Do you have questions for a pharmacist?  Here's your chance to ask them!  Write your questions below so we can be sure Pharmacist George answers them, and join us this Friday to hear what he has to say.

For more information about Pharmacist George and this event go to:

http://www.tudiabetes.org/forum/topics/new-on-tudiabetes-ask-a-phar...

http://www.tudiabetes.org/events/ask-pharmacist-george

Tags: diabetes, glucose, insulin, lifestyle, medication, pharmacist, videochat

Views: 167

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here are some of my questions for Pharmacist George:

What causes insulin resistance?

Can insulin resistance be reversed? If so, how?

Are premenstrual increases in blood glucose due to increased insulin resistance? What do you recommend for women who experience premenstrual hyperglycemia?

Is it important for people with diabetes to exercise daily, or is it just as good to exercise 3-4 times per week?

Is there are particularly good kind of exercise for people with diabetes?

What is your opinion about caffeine and diabetes?

How about Menapause & Diabetes???? Done & done that but some more ppl might wanna know what I learned from experiance. (atleast in my case anyway)

I second this one. One of our members just had a blog entry asking for information on whether peri-menopause could be causing her bg to rise.

There's very little information out there for those approaching menopause and it can all be quite frightening if you don't know what's happening. I still don't understand why doctors don't prepare you.

Questions I would have along these lines:
Are there any natural products that would ease the transition to menopause for women with diabetes without introducing more drugs into the equation?

Since menopause and estrogen production levels cause changes in blood glucose patterns, would taking hormones stabilize blood glucose?

What is your opinion on the risks versus benefits to a female with diabetes who chooses hormone therapy?

In your opinion, if bg instability is the main issue through peri-menopause, would taking hormones for that reason alone be worth the risk to a female with diabetes?

Good questions there smileandnod!!! I can say this for me anyway (i won't start to say anything for anyone else) it did cause my bs's to go up. My dr didn't prescribe me any hormones b/c he said that insulin was a hormone in it's self. Wait he did give me estrogen but I quit taking it after 2 weeks so I guess he did give me a hormone anyway.

I hope I can catch this.

How about the seasonal changes in insulin needs that many of us experience? I have my own theory about it but it's anything but scientific :)

I'm confused as to why you would expect a pharmacist to be an expert in those areas?

I have a question. As a patient, I've suffered from some serious medication side effects. Often, my doctors have brushed off my complaints. As a patient, how can I determine whether my symptoms are a side effect of my medication and is a Challenge Test useful?

Ok, here is another question. My doctors tend to prescribe the latest, greatest medications which always cost me an arm and a leg (and sometimes are risky and unproven). Sometimes these medications are so expensive that I just refuse to take them. Can a pharmacist help me understand medication options?

I was wondering what vitamins & supplements are recommended. Does it matter what brands you buy? My doctor has prescribed fabb supplements, what do you think of this one? Is it worth taking?

----Marie, type1 for 45 years

Great questions, everyone!! Keep them coming...

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

#MedicareCoverCGM Panel Discussion

If you follow the diabetes online community, you know that #MedicareCoverCGM is a big deal. We have continued to raise awareness on #MedicareCoverCGM because we believe that ALL people living with diabetes should have access to continuous glucose monitors (CGM). With Read on! →

#WalkWithD: Making MORE Sense of Diabetes

A few years ago, we at Diabetes Hands Foundation reached out to the members on TuDiabetes and asked them to share their perspective of life with diabetes through one of the five senses, as part of an initiative called Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service