Share with others what you are making for dinner, so we can all get ideas of what to try! :) 

I am making a low carb pizza, with an egg crust, instead.  How about you? :) 

(This is not a low carb only thread.  Anyone can post in here... as we can all get ideas from each other, or adapt an idea to our specific needs.)  

Thanks for sharing! :) 

Tags: diabetes, dinner, food

Views: 298

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Tonight was a green meal. Chicken ceasar salad and cauliflour zuchinni bisque.

The bisque sounds yummy. How is it made?
Post recipes. lol
This is a la Gerri, the telekinetic recipe purveyor.=^)
I add a whole zuchinni to it and sometimes some low sodium spam or bacon trimmings. Also, I use low sodium chicken broth then add some kosher or sea salt to taste. The whole family is happy to eat this with a nice salad, except the 3 year old and she had a grilled cheese as well.

CAULIFLOWER BISQUE--6 servings, 6 carbs per serving

1 small cauliflower, cut into small chunks, about 20 ounces after trimming
1 small onion, diced or leeks, chopped, 2 1/2 ounces
2 tablespoons celery, finely chopped
2 tablespoons butter
3 cups chicken broth
1/2 cup heavy cream
Salt and pepper, to taste

2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped

In a 3-quart saucepan, sauté the onion or leek and celery in the butter until tender. Add the chopped cauliflower, a bit of salt and pepper and the broth; bring to a boil. Turn down the heat to low; cover and simmer until the cauliflower is very tender, about 20-25 minutes. Use a stick blender to puree the soup until completely smooth and thick. Add the cream; mix well. Add salt and pepper, if needed. Stir in the parsley and serve.
Has anyone else tried Barilla Plus pasta? I've had good results with it. Of course I have to pay attention to the serving size.

Barilla Plus is a multigrain pasta. They add legumes (lentils, chickpeas) and flaxseed. It has Omega-3s which is sometimes hard for vegetarians to find in non-meat foods. The flavor is good, not gritty like some whole wheat pasta.
I like to make a super low carb low fat Chicken noodle soup.
I use Shiritaki noodles from www.Asianfoodgrocer.com throw in some mixed veggies
a bit of low fat low sodium chicken broth, and either some shrimp, or cut up chicken breast, or sometimes both.
On a cold rainy day it just cant be beat.

I highly recomend shiritaki noodles for those who are like me Carbolergic and can't even look at a carb without a spike.
Zero carbs per serving. and tast as close to regular pasta without spiking.
I have decided that a simple dinner (Meat ,Veggie and a green salad) is the best thing for a Diabetic that struggles with making good menu choices.
Chicken, steamed green beans, green salad.
Seasoned Hamburger patty, steamed broccoli, green salad.
Taco salad with seasoned Hamburger, lettuce cheddar cheese, green onions, cilantro and tomatoes.
I know these are pretty simple ideas for dinner, but I have found that simple is healthier for me now.
I eat La Tiara taco shells, which have 4 grams of carb per shell. Not bad. :D
La Tortilla Factory makes low-carb and high fiber tortillas that are pretty good as well.
I agree. Simple & healthy is the direction I go after too.
I dunno what I will make... me thinks home made broccoli chicken.

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Meet The 2014 Big Blue Test Grant Recipients

This year Diabetes Hands Foundation has pledged US$35,000 in Big Blue Test grants, continuing its support for programs aimed at providing lifesaving supplies, medical tests, treatment, and patient education to people living in need who have or at risk Read on! →

Kim Vlasnik: The Patient Voice

Kim Vlasnik, you NAILED it! In this video, Kim Vlasnik takes our breath away as she describes what its like to be a person with diabetes. Fortunately, Stanford’s Medicine-X Conference gives ePatients, like Kim, a chance to speak since we carry the Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service