What websites do you guys use for online tracking and management?

Hi everyone,

I've been using LogforLife to track my blood sugars and share them with my endocrinologist, and I like it's usability and the fact that you can submit entries through an iPhone (yay!) but I was wondering if anyone else had suggestions for better analysis/tracking modules??

Betta

Views: 92

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I mostly am using paper logbooks now, but I like http://www.glucosurfer.org, which was founded by a TuDiabetes member, Holger.
I had a custom excel document that I wrote that had my preferred layout, but I found that it got too cumbersome to record #'s, and then have to go and enter the same #'s into a spread sheet. Now, I have a 3 ring binder with paper logs in it that I have been using and that works for me for the time being.
I've looked at almost every website out there trying to find one I like. Glucose Buddy is pretty decent but the main thing I don't like about it is that I enter all the information into my pump and then have to re-enter it into Glucose Buddy. If I used injections, though, it would be perfect.

I just signed up for glucosurfer.org (it's free) and although it's based around graphs which is kind of unfortunate as I wish it had some statistics as well, it does enable you to upload meter/pump (and CGMS, though I don't use one) data which I love. It also lets you access the site on a mobile phone to enter information like notes and exercise. I've only been using this for one day so who knows if it will last, but being able to upload my pump data was pretty cool! Today I've recorded BG/carbs/insulin with my pump, and while I was at the gym I went to the mobile site on my iPhone (have an icon saved to the home screen, and the URL makes it so you don't need to log in or anything) and entered that I was going to exercise. That's exactly the type of system I've been looking for, so here's hoping I stick with logging!
WaveSense specifically for iPhone-it's has a really nice interface, very intuitive and it's FREEE!!! check it out in the itunes Store
I use the One Touch software. Works well, downloads easy with a cable ($30). Love the graphs and analysis I can do. Just print out the logs and bring to each visit.
Let's assume that your meter and pump DOES connect with the software: In your ideal world, what graphs and stats would you find most useful? What are some other features you would find...cool?
Good morning. New to the site. New to the Medtronic CGM. What I find "cool" is the amount of data that is available. What I would like to be able to do is take the .csv file for a 3 - 7 day period and create a line graph with separate lines for each day. This would allow you, on a single sheet, to find common "time of day" issues easily.

Having never used charting in Excel or Numbers, I gave it a shot. Not much success.

The issues were too much data and empty cells. 12 points per hour would be nice, but is really to much data. Could easily break it down to 20 min increments and get more than enough data. The empty cells go to errors where the sensor is not sending info to the pump.

I really don't have the time or inclination to learn VB or some other programming language right now, so I'm searching for someone that has already done it or is looking for lab rats.

There you go. Any thoughts,

llinton68@gmail.com

Les
I use an excel spreadsheet that was created by a blogger, Kevin. It's awesome!
Hi Allison, I'd highly appreciate it if you can share with me your spreadsheet. I like working in Excel. Thanks.
Tavi
I have used Kevin's excel sheet as well and it is great! Click here for his blog post about it. Ask for it straight from him, as he likes to keep track of how many people have requested it!
Thanks, Kristin. I will do it. Tavi
I just use a paper log and the categories I record are food, exercise, medication/vits/supplements, bg/bp, time. It would be nice to have charts of a month's bg readings or averages to see if I'm doing better or worse this month or week than last month. I wouldn't mind something that I entered on the computer or on my i-pod and that transferred onto the computer. I'm type 2 so I don't have a pump or insulin to record but I still find it helpful to keep track of things and it keeps me on the straight and norrow. Maybe I'll ask this question over in the type 2 section. :)

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Meet The 2014 Big Blue Test Grant Recipients

This year Diabetes Hands Foundation has pledged US$35,000 in Big Blue Test grants, continuing its support for programs aimed at providing lifesaving supplies, medical tests, treatment, and patient education to people living in need who have or at risk Read on! →

Kim Vlasnik: The Patient Voice

Kim Vlasnik, you NAILED it! In this video, Kim Vlasnik takes our breath away as she describes what its like to be a person with diabetes. Fortunately, Stanford’s Medicine-X Conference gives ePatients, like Kim, a chance to speak since we carry the Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service