Heres a good one, to keep hopes up. When your cured what will you do? Think about it... if one day bam... no diabetes. What would you do?

Tags: cured, when, your

Views: 1068

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I will run across the country with out packing any juice, gluco tabs or sugar and without reducing my insulin. I will also have sympathy for those who are not cured yet.

Yes!! I've thought about this sort of Forrest Gump-like excursion. It would be so much easier without diabetes!

I know I'd worry a lot less, and also wouldn't be ticking off a checklist in my head to make sure I have all my supplies with me before leaving the house ...

First I would throw away all my insulin and call all of my family and friends. Then I think I'd enjoy a nice drink without having to worry about the spikes and drops in blood sugar. Then as much as I hate to say this because it's so cliche I think I would have a pint of Ben and Jerry's ice cream. Oh then I would make sure to say a prayer and tell God how grateful I am :) Even if there's a 100% legit cure though I don't think I could ever throw away my bg meter. I would probably continue to keep checking my bg for a long time afterwards just to make sure I'm not dreaming :)

I would go to a nice park with my daughters play the whole day run around, without having to worry about going hypo then we would go out for ice cream! nothing major just the fact that I would be able to play with my girls and not have to worry about going low would be perfect :)

I agree. The pancakes would be great, but being able to just "be" without worrying about every little detail would be the best.

lol I agree the pancakes would be great :) but just being worry free would be the best feeling ever!

GIANT SMOOTHIES.

I'ld like to try some of that "mindless eating" the media thinks is such an issue. When I hear a report on this I always stop and wonder what it would be like to not think about what you are eating. It is hard to imagine the act of eating as a simple, unadulterated act that doesn't have about 5 other actions/thoughts/processes associated with it.

Wow, the ability to simply EAT.....and nothing else.

After reading all these posts, I decided what I would do to celebrate. Nothing. I have a decent diet right now, walk as well as I can, and stop counting carbs. Hey, I might even watch the food network!

I will enjoy being free of financial stress

Eat cake

HH

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

#MasterLab through the eyes of the community

The Diabetes Hands Foundation would like to thank everyone for attending the diabetes advocates MasterLab on July 2nd 2014. MasterLab was about building a sense of what is possible and designed to give advocates a chance to learn from veteran Read on! →

DHF Partners with HelpAround in an Effort to Connect People Touched by Diabetes

Leer en español Technology has the amazing ability to ease the stress associated with diabetes; It simply makes our lives a little more bearable. That’s why we are excited to announce DHFs partnership with HelpAround. This new application will help Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service