This is a forum to recognize those people here on TuD who have especially inspired us, cheered us up, and made our life with diabetes just a little easier. There are only a couple of rules:
1) You cannot name me, because that's not the point, and you can't name Manny, because EVERYONE would name Manny. We all know he's the rock and foundation of our group, but we don't want his head to get too big! LOL!!
2) You can name as many people as you want, but you have to tell why.
and 3) don't get discouraged if your name isn't mentioned. It probably WILL be, eventually! :-)

So here goes for me, in no particular order:
1) Gerri, because she has always patiently answered my questions, responded to my concerns, and listened to my moans, plus she's SO well-informed!
2) Acidrock, because he posts such amazing lines in Flatliners Club, in SPITE of eating potato chips! And he's always willing to try to problem-solve.
3) Kathy, because she's so cheerful even with serious kidney disease.
4) Jen, because she's so proactive about making a life for herself in spite of visual impairment and diabetes.
5) Melitta, because she's so passionate in advocating for LADAs and misdiagnosed adults.
6) Richard Vaughn, because he's been around so darn LONG!!! :-)
7) Danny, because he started the Flatliners Club.
8) Kelly WPA because she is living with complications, but not letting them get her down, and showing me unflagging support.

And of course, all the other people, too numerous to name, who have written to me and supported me and cared about me! :-)

Views: 1065

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Gerri because i can always talk to her and she can help me with anything
Marie B because well her and my dad are friends, She always checks up on me and is just really nice and careing
Mark. because even though i just became friends with him he is always willing to listen
Robyn because she is so nice and careing and is always willing to listen
Awww, Anna. Thanks so much. Am touched.
Thank You Sweetie! Miss Anna Banana...xo
Thanks Randy that is very kind of you.

Without naming names I want to give a shout out to all the people that drop me a personal line in my Inbox now and again. Every time things seem to be down for me one of you send me something that somehow lifts my spirits and really does seem to change my perspective on things (crazy how one of you always seems to know that perfect time.....). I am not one to ask for help very often (especially with DM- I have been doing it by myself since I was in High School) and you guys do more for me than you know.

I also want to thank those folks that post things to keep the conversations going. You guys are part of the reason someone like me can log on pretty consistently and never really feel bored with it. Also, much respect for those posting questions. With > 20,000 members you can bet if you have the question someone else does too, so thanks for the bravery to throw those question out there.
Hello! As a insulin diabetic, I am my own hero, as any of us in the same situation. We may not run races, set records, jump tall buildings in a single bound, but we take care of ourselves to show our families how much we love them and want to live long lives with them. This may not be something you will see in the paper or over national news, in reality shows, or hear bout on the radio, but it is something that all of us who deal with the daily diabetic challenges in maintaining a good quality of life must endure and surpass. I have an excellent insulin pump, take daily shots of symlin so that my body can understand how to use my insulin, manage my diet, take all of my other medicines, and maintain good humor bout it all. Hooray to all of us who don't try to quit, feel sorry for ourselves, live as good examples to others,and live each day to the fullest! That is a real hero!
Very well said Marsha:)
nice to see we all need to stop having feelings that our boat is sinking,it great to read these chat rooms and emails
i for got one person...

Danny he is always listening and is so nice
Thanks Danny. I know i can always come to you for help or advise

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

A Snapshot: Diabetes In The United States

An infographic explaining the most recent CDC diabetes figures, released in June 2014.

Will you Stand Hand in Hand in support of the Diabetes Hands Foundation?

Facing Diabetes Together Will you Stand Hand in Hand in support of  the Diabetes Hands Foundation? When you make a gift to the Diabetes Hands Foundation you help people with diabetes make positive changes in their lives. We believe that no Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service