so i was over at a friends house and they have a neighbor w/diabetes since she was little and they insisted that she had the worst kind because she had since about 4yrs. old could this be true that there is a worst kind than type 1

Views: 337

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hats off to your mother! What a lady! To think that she not only helped you, but countless other patients & where any of them would be now without her perseverance. Grateful you showed him.
I agree with Dave the worst kind is the undiagnosed kind.

In second place would be a child with diabetes.

In third place would be, a diabetic in denial. Diabetics need to consider what kind of burden they may end up being on their family and friends if they do no take care of themselves. I recently lost a friend because she was in denial.
I'll start by saying I am a type II; have had the "D" for 10 years.

Okay, but I work with kids who have had this disease almost since birth, all type I. I have adult friends who are being diagnosed now with type I and II.

Is there a worse case? I don't know, I think they are all pretty bad. And as I have said before, since when is there a good kind of diabetes? It all is bad as far as I am concerned. I think what is bad, is that people who know they have it don't do anything about it, and people who don't have it don't want to know if they are at risk.

We have to stop the pickering about whose got it worse, and start fighting for a cure for it all. After all, if they find something that works for II's then maybe with some tweaking it would work for I's and vice versa. Your type is your badge of honor, how you handle it is your business, but we all have diabetes.
Cathy,

Agree with Dave's statement. Everyone's responses are in accord that essentially there is no "worse" type. No bickering at all.
I take Cathy's comment to be about bickering ("pickering" is what I do to sort my favorite flavor of glucose tablets [coconut] from the strawberry ones in my giganto bottle of hypo relief) in general, not referring specifically to any of the discussion in this polite thread :-)
Kind of off topic but...they make coconut flavored ones? Where did you get those? :)
Only place I've found them is in the large-size assorted fruit Dex4 sold at K-Mart. Also contains pink (strawberry? cherry?) and orange. IMO, they should increase ratio of coconut!
I only find DEXTRO "regular" ones and lemon, here in Belgium. Would like to try the coconut for a change... send me one ;-)
Gonna contact DEXTRO to make more flavours... with all those people having D... big $$$... or start myself something... ;-)
The worst kind is the kind your kid has. the second worst is the kind you have.

rick phillips
Your answer is the right one .
Yeah =o( .

(Mom to Elizabeth, dx'd just after Memorial Day '09. Doing well though. She's a trooper and as spunky as they come!)
It is all very bad.

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

DHF receives $200,000 grant from Novo Nordisk

Grant given to support programs aimed at bringing together people touched by diabetes for positive change BERKELEY, CA: December 4, 2014 – Diabetes Hands Foundation (DHF) has received a grant of US$200,000 from Novo Nordisk to support programs aimed at Read on! →

Guest Post: World Diabetes Day 2014 on Twitter… sifting through the data

At Symplur we track hashtags, keywords, user accounts, and pretty much anything else on Twitter that has to do with healthcare. We collect the data and then build countless ways to slice it up so that we’re able to better Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service