Simple word (unless someone can show me how to do a poll here) (:::Z

Yes or No... do you BELIEVE there will be a cure within your lifetime?!!? I'll start.

NO

Too much money in keeping us diabetics... maintianing us....
Stuart

Tags: cure, in, lifetime, poll, your

Views: 12693

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i think no. and that fact just keeps me down whenever i think of it. but im planning to take medicine and chemistry in college so i will do mall my best to find a cure for us!
YES!
yes
no
No,

To much money to be made selling us drugs and pump upgrades. Have been hearing about a cure for 52 years.
YES! believing for it!
NO........

1. Because all the meter, insulin, and pill manufactures have to stay in business... LOL....

2. Can't have a cure, if the public is not willing to change lifestyle..

Even if we had a cure for diabetes, we still have the issue of obesity, cholesterol, hypertension, etc.,
It has NOT been proven that a change of lifestyle will cure Type 2. Delay, probably, prevent, not likely, cure, definitely not. There are a LOT of hormonal and enzymatic abnormalities in Type 2, and if you have the genes for them, then you're going to get Type 2, obese or not.

Secondly, the metabolic syndrome (cholesterol, obesity, hypertension) is also a complex genetic constellation of issues, and not amenable to an easy cure. There is still so much unknown about the metabolism that it will take decades if not centuries to come to terms with this. And while Type 2 diabetes often does coincide with the metabolic syndrome, it is not synonymous -- there is a whole bowl of spaghetti to unwind!

A cure for Type 1 will come a whole lot sooner than for Type 2 -- it's a scientifically much simpler disease!
No not in my lifetime anymore but it may help millions of others which is also cool.
I believe we already have the cure http://www.maddyshope.blogspot.com
No, not from the medical community.
I do not even think about a cure as I feel it is a waste of my time. I need to concentrate on ME and how to help myself. A cure will come when it comes so for the past 53 years as a Type 1, I have lived a pretty good life, making lots of mistakes, having lots of good days and bad days etc etc but here I am today at age 74; still healthy and active. Perhaps it is just luck? Perhaps it is because I concentrate on the positive side of life.

I am still learning......:-))
YES. I'm a parent of a newly diagnosed 6 year old and I will never give up the hope! I also personally work in a scientific field and even though there are companies that make a lot of money from it, our health care system will crumble if something is not done. What about a artificial pancreas? It may not be a "Cure" but it would get us close.

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

DHF receives $200,000 grant from Novo Nordisk

Grant given to support programs aimed at bringing together people touched by diabetes for positive change BERKELEY, CA: December 4, 2014 – Diabetes Hands Foundation (DHF) has received a grant of US$200,000 from Novo Nordisk to support programs aimed at Read on! →

Guest Post: World Diabetes Day 2014 on Twitter… sifting through the data

At Symplur we track hashtags, keywords, user accounts, and pretty much anything else on Twitter that has to do with healthcare. We collect the data and then build countless ways to slice it up so that we’re able to better Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service