Simple word (unless someone can show me how to do a poll here) (:::Z

Yes or No... do you BELIEVE there will be a cure within your lifetime?!!? I'll start.

NO

Too much money in keeping us diabetics... maintianing us....
Stuart

Tags: cure, in, lifetime, poll, your

Views: 11407

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think that's a good way to look at things. Though hopefully we won't have to wait 30 years. But there are many young people today living with diabetes, and if e push for one and get a cure within the next decade or two, plenty will still be at a fairly young age and able to enjoy the benefits of a cure-like lifestyle.

N0T 0N Y0UR LIFE.

Most likely not
Most likely not

en oh

how many have looked at a raw vegan diet...? nothing cooked over 118*... when you heat food it changes the molecular structure of the food... (the difference between uncooked corn on the cob and high fructose corn syrup is HEAT...!
i have been on insulin for 46 years... with a RAW / Vegan diet i have reduced my insulin from 70 units per day to less then 30 units in 2 weeks... the glycemic index of vegies and fruit is really low when it is raw...
check out this link:

rawforthirty.com

this is working for me.. i believe i can heal... all of the type 2 diabetics on this are cured... 2 of the type 1 diabetics no longer need insulin injections...
diabetes is your choice..! i choose not to be diabetic any more.. it's RAW /VEGAN for me...

I think it's great that a raw diet worked for you but I disagree completely that diabetes is a choice. I did not choose to get this disease at age 21 in college. Perhaps some type 2's can reverse it but I do not believe type 1s can reverse it completely with diet alone - yes, we can reduce the amount of insulin we take but I think the idea of using diet and no insulin is risky long-term and a raw diet is very hard to maintain longterm and for most people, not very appealing. Again, great that you can do it but I just don't think it's fair to say this disease is a choice, who would chose this?

Amen! When my daughter was dx'd at 6 they tested her insulin production. She was making none, nada, zip. At that point the told us that she would have a maximum of 3 days if she ever went off insulin. That is 3 days till she died. Definitely not a choice. And be careful who you tell that your raw diet is a cure. You may be responsible for killing someone.

hello.. i want to apologize for upsetting you..i just found out after 46 years of type 1 insulin dependance that my C-Peptide revealed that i am producing a very small amount of insulin.. not all type 1 do...again i stress testing often and adjusting as you always do...
i have asked to be removed from this site... didn't realize the hate mail that i would receive from people after giving my testimonial...i only wish you all the success that i have gotten from this..remember to test... robb

you asked, "who would choose this..?" i was born 46 years ago i was dxed at 13 months.. i believe if there is a possibility to self heal through a raw vegan diet it is worth it... the answer to your question is, ..those who won't try when there is a possibility ... every action you take in this life is a choice... much love.. robb

i want to let you know that i have asked to be removed from this site...i didn't realize that giving personal testimony was so dangerous.. i wish you all the best health..and a happy life..i apologize for my response to your using a LOL to describe how you viewed what i was trying to say...i felt threatened and didn't respond well..i only want the best for you... again..remember to test..test..test your blood sugars and live a long and healthy life... good bye for now.. robb

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

DHF Partners with HelpAround in an Effort to Connect People Touched by Diabetes

Leer en español Technology has the amazing ability to ease the stress associated with diabetes; It simply makes our lives a little more bearable. That’s why we are excited to announce DHFs partnership with HelpAround. This new application will help Read on! →

La Diabetes Hands Foundation y HelpAround uniendo las personas tocadas por la diabetes

Para nuestra comunidad de diabetes la tecnología ha venido a llenar muchos vacíos y a hacer de nuestras vidas un poco mas llevaderas. Eso mismo nos proporciona una nueva aplicación de geo-localización llamada HelpAround (Ayuda a tu alrededor). HA Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service