You feel giddy like a kid in the candy shop when you find new gadgets that help maintain your sugar levels! Love the Dex!

Views: 1423

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

you devour the cherry tomatoes that are growing in your backyard as if you are in an ice cream store.
I second that one.
Third that here!! I love cherry tomatoes!!
You remember when the only glucometer available was in a hospital and you tested your "blood sugar" by testing your urine sugar with a pill. a test tube, three drops of urine and twelve dropss of water matching a colour chart hoping for more blue than orange!!!

Yes we have come a long way, with a long way to go. We're going to stomp this beast no doubt about it. We've had enough and at times, the ends justify the means.

Love Always
Anonymous Diabetic.
Wow, I have forgotten about those days. 30 with it and that what I had to do. Remember the first version of the accucheck? 4 minutes and tons of blood!
HA HA FANTASTIC! I had to log back in because when I saw. how long you have had it, I knew it would not only bring back some memeories It would give you a chance to give yourself a VERY well deserved pat on the back. This Feb I will celebrate my fifttieth birthday, and thirty eight years as an insulin dependant diabetic.

No eye damage at this point (whew) but you know the deal, hard work, great support and some degree of luck. It is here to beat us however if I may quote the lyric from the Judas Priest song "You got another thing commin" I think that says it all. Maybe we should adopt that song for diabetes removal (ha ha). Great post and keep up the good work.

Love Always
Anonymous Diabetic.
The fact that I am still alive after a lifetime of horror stories is good enough. The fact that I don't have any major issues because is worthy of a dance!
PS Yes the longer wait time, and certainly less accurate but at least we were measuring blood in real time. Good deal!!!
Love Always
Anonymous Diabetic.
Your mind slips and you call your bg test strips, "Tes-tape".

Or it bothers you that the color of the syringe cap no longer matches the color of the insulin vial stopper. (Oh, they drilled the U-40 vs U-100 stuff into me well 30+ years ago.)

Or you remember when the numbers on the side of the glass syringe were red.

I forget the name brand of the stuff used to wash glass syringes instead of boiling them. Oh, it's on the tip of my tongue. Yale something-or-other.
Yup, test tape! They long enough to use as plastic ramps for match box cars!
.....you can remember when your only Dr. made house calls, didn't know much about Diabetes and was sometimes paid with a bushel of apples, a bag of potatoes, a cooked chicken and so on. :D
Yeah, the syringes were a great improvement. The old ones were like taking a pencil and sticking into yourself compared to the ones today.

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

#OpposeAB1893: California Bill that Burdens People with Diabetes on Insulin

A couple of days ago I learned that the California State Assembly is considering AB-1893 Sharps waste, which in (if approved) will mandate that: “Sharps sold to the general public in California shall be sold with a sharps waste container Read on! →

FDA Docket Extended! We Need You.

If you are new to diabetes advocacy in the traditional sense of the word, you may be thinking, “What the heck is a docket!?” I certainly was the first twenty times I heard it (yes it took that long). For Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Heather Gabel
(Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator
Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators
Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service