lets make a list of "you know your a diabetic when you "!

example.

You know your a diabetic when you freak out when your friend eats a candy bar without a bolus!

Tags: diabetic, diagnosis, dx, funny, know

Views: 12735

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

love it!

You cheat against your meter by taking your bed time glucose, then eating a few spoonfuls of ice cream. That way your doctor doesn't know....and you can pretend you went to bed on a good number.

hahaha so true that used to be me!!!

When it's Valentines day and you are debating giving up all important meals in favor of eating just two chocolate covered strawberries and maybe one of your roommates homemade cookies that she left on her deck.

When you have a stash of Glucose tablets everywhere, home, car, office, girlfriends house, parents house.

OMG this is my life!
You know you're diabetic when you ask your very diabetic clued-up friends in the lunch hall why they aren't shooting up too and after a long pause one of them finally says "Um we still have working pancreases"!

You know your a diabetic when you're on this website reading every response on 104 pages of an article about "You know youre a diabetic when....." and then saying to yourself "I've done that" or "that's happened to me" to every response.

hahaha my !! this one was so cool

What does one meter say to another???

HI-LO

LOL, I cannot go through the 104 pages during my lunch hour, but I got thru 25 and I'm giggling hysterically in front of my computer.

you know you are a diabetic when...
- you politely offer insulin to ppl around you when you are shooting up
- you start re-calculating carbohydrates when someone takes a bite out of your food
- you postpone taking your shot until you are indoors cause is so frigging cold outside
- you see people looking at you funny cause you have a finger on your mouth
- you have gone behind ppls back so you can eat smthg sweet/treat a low without having to explain
- you have tried to hold a conversation while having a low, shaking and disoriented and thinking "Am I doing a good job fooling this person into thinking I'm ok? gosshh stop taaalking, i need sugar, SuGar, SUgAR, SHUGARRR!!"

the last one - I start sweating like a beast and i cant think AT ALL so i know i sound like a fool- and i am just thinking give me the damn soda already i am dying---hahaha SHUGARRRR haha

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

A Snapshot: Diabetes In The United States

An infographic explaining the most recent CDC diabetes figures, released in June 2014.

Will you Stand Hand in Hand in support of the Diabetes Hands Foundation?

Facing Diabetes Together Will you Stand Hand in Hand in support of  the Diabetes Hands Foundation? When you make a gift to the Diabetes Hands Foundation you help people with diabetes make positive changes in their lives. We believe that no Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service