lets make a list of "you know your a diabetic when you "!

example.

You know your a diabetic when you freak out when your friend eats a candy bar without a bolus!

Tags: diabetic, diagnosis, dx, funny, know

Views: 12082

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You know your a diabetic when you have a hanging show rack in the back of your closet hiding electrolite waters,protein bars, juices just in case.So far its a great hiding spot, Im the only person in the house that uses it. I always have a stash!

When you wake up in the morning and have Skittles or Smarties in your bed :)

Totally done that; I have woken up with them next to my face on the pillow loose and wondered why I smelled skittles. I have found candies in the strangest of places when cleaning up the house too. Smarty powder on one side of my face ect.. when I wake in the morning. ;-) I leave the wrappers on the night stand in case I need to carb count later. Some mornings that can be a real disaster but you have to laugh and wonder was that you or did the candy monster hit the candy drawer at 3am?

you know your a diabetic when your walking and hearing the rattling of hard candy in your pocket :D.

You know you're diabetic when you spend more time and effort packing food than clothes when going away.

yeah!!

your know youre a D when you watch your marathon runner husband consume endless meals of carbohydrates and eat cookies and cake every nite while drooling and hating every minute of it, especially (after yrs and yrs of marriage) asking me (STILL) if i want "a bite"
UGH.

Obviously, the solution is for YOU to become a marathon runner, LOL! Acid Rock does a lot of running, and consumes a lot of carbs, and seems to be able to control his BG pretty well.

i loath running. i am a walker. keep'in it simple. thx, though, for the suggestion.LOL

You know your a diabetic when you spend hours of your sunday planning your whole week breakfast and looking for recipes

you know youre a D when you start to look fwd to your lows just so you can eat your husbands chocolate chip cookies that have been sitting in the fridge all week gloating at you.

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

FDA Docket Extended! We Need You.

If you are new to diabetes advocacy in the traditional sense of the word, you may be thinking, “What the heck is a docket!?” I certainly was the first twenty times I heard it (yes it took that long). For Read on! →

An Open Letter from @AskManny, @DiabetesHF to @NYTRosenthal, @NYTimes

Dear Ms. Rosenthal: I am a person living with type 1 diabetes since the age of 30. I am also the President and co-Founder of the Diabetes Hands Foundation, a nonprofit aimed at connecting and mobilizing the diabetes community. Seeing Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Heather Gabel
(Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator
Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators
Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service