Things Are Changing!
The migration of TuDiabetes has begun
Content created between now and the launch of our new site on April 20th will NOT be moved to that new home, but our community values and Terms of Service still apply during this time.We are not accepting new members during this transition period. If you want to join the TuDiabetes community please send an e-mail to TuDiabetesAdmin@gmail.com. We will send you an invitation to join after the migration is completed.
hahaha my !! this one was so cool
What does one meter say to another???
LOL, I cannot go through the 104 pages during my lunch hour, but I got thru 25 and I'm giggling hysterically in front of my computer.
you know you are a diabetic when...
- you politely offer insulin to ppl around you when you are shooting up
- you start re-calculating carbohydrates when someone takes a bite out of your food
- you postpone taking your shot until you are indoors cause is so frigging cold outside
- you see people looking at you funny cause you have a finger on your mouth
- you have gone behind ppls back so you can eat smthg sweet/treat a low without having to explain
- you have tried to hold a conversation while having a low, shaking and disoriented and thinking "Am I doing a good job fooling this person into thinking I'm ok? gosshh stop taaalking, i need sugar, SuGar, SUgAR, SHUGARRR!!"
the last one - I start sweating like a beast and i cant think AT ALL so i know i sound like a fool- and i am just thinking give me the damn soda already i am dying---hahaha SHUGARRRR haha
You know your a diabetic when you have a hanging show rack in the back of your closet hiding electrolite waters,protein bars, juices just in case.So far its a great hiding spot, Im the only person in the house that uses it. I always have a stash!
When you wake up in the morning and have Skittles or Smarties in your bed :)
Totally done that; I have woken up with them next to my face on the pillow loose and wondered why I smelled skittles. I have found candies in the strangest of places when cleaning up the house too. Smarty powder on one side of my face ect.. when I wake in the morning. ;-) I leave the wrappers on the night stand in case I need to carb count later. Some mornings that can be a real disaster but you have to laugh and wonder was that you or did the candy monster hit the candy drawer at 3am?
you know your a diabetic when your walking and hearing the rattling of hard candy in your pocket :D.
You know you're diabetic when you spend more time and effort packing food than clothes when going away.
your know youre a D when you watch your marathon runner husband consume endless meals of carbohydrates and eat cookies and cake every nite while drooling and hating every minute of it, especially (after yrs and yrs of marriage) asking me (STILL) if i want "a bite"