lets make a list of "you know your a diabetic when you "!

example.

You know your a diabetic when you freak out when your friend eats a candy bar without a bolus!

Tags: diabetic, diagnosis, dx, funny, know

Views: 13268

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

When your locker is halfway full with juice boxes. When you're high, you get a needle.
hhhhhhhhh
funny

you know you're diabetic when:

1)you hide before eating a full bar of chocolate(NOT sugar free)

2)when someone catches you (see above) and you glare at them with an innocent glowng eyes:what?!!0.0 im low (i bet that it's at least 200 =D)

3) you carry abag that is the same size of abag that anew mom would carry for her toddler things

4)you have a freg that is full of insulin and juice and glucagon and my favourate part ,chocolate!

5)you obediently go to the diabetec friendly section(sugar free,splenda) and look for new products when you go to the store

6)you are estimating how much time i need to be low so you can eat the chocolate you boght from the same store above

Just did that :) The only problem is I don't remember my carb counts for each meal.

You know you're diabetic when you wonder if there's carbs in kisses......hmmmmmmm Not the foil-wrapped ones. Hey...anything that crosses your lips..right??? Am I bad?
You is b-a-a-a-d!
Yeah...I know...really bad. Sometimes that's a very good thing :?)
It is a scientifically proven fact that kisses burn carbs and calories, so they actually have negative carb values. How much is up to you. ;)
Yeah....you wouldn't want to kiss into a low!
You know you are a diabetic when you think that it would be a good idea if someone would make these comments into a calendar. Hey... maybe I should have kept that idea to myself. Go Kenny!!!
And with illustrations!!!! Some comments would be be very interesting when presented in illustration form!
We are working on this. A few days ago MaryBeth brought up this idea to us:
http://tudiabetes.com/forum/topics/you-know-youre-a-diabetic-when-1
and we are going to create the calendar as a tool for raising awareness and to help us raise funds for the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

I take it that you both would be up for getting one... or more? :)
Yes...I have a few people in mind that I know would be interested...I'm a knitter and there's a calendar of knit stitches/day...so why not? I was out of town and missed that...SORRY for being redundant. This should bring in a lot of money. You could make it one of those perpetual calendars so that it never out-dated. Get them out to seminars and expos.

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Meet The 2014 Big Blue Test Grant Recipients

This year Diabetes Hands Foundation has pledged US$35,000 in Big Blue Test grants, continuing its support for programs aimed at providing lifesaving supplies, medical tests, treatment, and patient education to people living in need who have or at risk Read on! →

Kim Vlasnik: The Patient Voice

Kim Vlasnik, you NAILED it! In this video, Kim Vlasnik takes our breath away as she describes what its like to be a person with diabetes. Fortunately, Stanford’s Medicine-X Conference gives ePatients, like Kim, a chance to speak since we carry the Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service