You may have read the news from the Lab of Dr. Faustman last week:
http://www.tudiabetes.org/forum/topics/news-from-faustman-lab-study...

This week, it turns out she is in the Bay Area and we will have an opportunity to interview her and capture the interview on video. I wish it could be a video-chat session, but we're going to catch up with her before she flies back east.

So, the next best thing is:
What are your questions for Dr. Faustman. We will be interviewing her Thursday first thing, so I need you to please send in your questions by the end of Wednesday at the very latest.

Tags: faustman, research

Views: 1667

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Acid,U R a HOOT!!! I neither smoke nor drink, but the thought of you pumping it up to be ready for a "cure" is a little funny. Knowing your preferences, You will probably just run two extra miles a day to "get ready AND in shape".
Posters, you have all come up with great questions. I have donated blood three times to the Faustmann lab, and you have all come up with many questions that could have come to my mind.

God bless,
Brunetta

Well, it's sort hazardous as, if you are "fine", then "sorry, no cure for you, you're FINE!" Thanks for your blood too Brunetta!

These are such great questions. I second all of them.

Not a question, but please convey to Dr. Faustman how appreciative we are of her continuing work & efforts. I'd hug her if I met her.

I DID hug her Gerri. Such a pleasant, enthusiastic woman!!!She probably will not remember me, but tell her Brunetta, the tall black long-term Type one female donor from Ohio, says "Hi"; and I will, hopefully, see her in the lab again this summer. (Like I havn't said this so already in comments to her website-lol).

Big smiles, Brunetta. I remember when you went to Boston.

The interview is now live! She replied to all the questions that had been posted in here until yesterday! :)

Good to hear her voice! I still think its a huge long shot that BCG on its own will be powerful and effective enough to actually reverse diabetes and get people off insulin. If I could be wrong about anything ever it would be about that. Its really sad with how long so many of the research companies having been plugging away at a solution we are still nowhere close to an effective treatment. Still I have no choice but to continue to be hopeful otherwise I have nothing.

This is a fascinating interview. I, like the mouse community, feel happier, and more hopeful as well. Thank you Dr. Faustman and Manny.

It will be very interesting to see an exact definition of a possible cure, such as what kind of limitations it would lift from a person's lifestyle - and if we can trust that it would be a permanent one.

Yeah, a very upbeat interview indeed. Positive energy is something we can all use in extra. The path to a diabetes cure is obviously tricky and still uncertain, but the important thing is to keep pushing and keep advocating and keep hoping.

wat is neurapathy and wat causes it i started with it in my bchest left side now its in my legs and i am strugglin 2 ealk i am on garbapentin and amytriptaline max dose but nothin is helpin.the pain and tinglin feelin is really gettin me down thanx sarah

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

TuDiabetes Is Getting A Makeover!

Written By Emily Coles, TuDiabetes Community Manager. Last summer we surveyed members of TuDiabetes and EsTuDiabetes online communities, and gained some GREAT insights! We learned that our members are happy with the information and support they receive on TuDiabetes and Read on! →

An eye opening experience at @CWDiabetes!

Last month, I had one of the most amazing experiences I have had with technology since I have been living with diabetes. It happened at the Focus On Technology conference organized by Children With Diabetes in Los Angeles (the first Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service