Hi all

Trying to find some fellow pumpers in (South) Africa. Anyone out there?
What pump are you on? How has the support been that the company has offered you?

There aren't that many pumpers here yet, so sharing info could be great!

Views: 26

Replies to This Discussion

I'm not a pumper, but I'm meeting the mother of a pumper today. I will let you know if I find out anything.
I'm on a pump since the 22nd September now :)
Hi. We're fellow SA's. My son (12) is diabetic for 6.5 years now. On the pump for just over a year now. He has the minimed 722. We did not need any support yet- (we had a bit of a bad stroke with the rep regarding the medical aid in the beginning - end up paying for it ourselves.) We bought a years supplies up front. We change the infusion and resevoir when it is empty -- so I stretch it up to 6 days with now ill effects.
What pump are you using and how is your experience regarding support and with the pump?
Hi Riette

What did you pay for your pump? I've been looking for prices online, but haven't seen any yet.
We bought it September 2007 - I'll mail our invoice to you..
Thanks for the invoice. Wow - I had no idea it was so expensive! I guess I'll be sticking to MDI then.
Hi
My son Jacques has been on two pumps. He was first on the new Accucheck pump but that didnt really work for us, we still had to work out the carb ratios ourselves. he is now on the Medtronic Minimed pump and this pump has been a life saver for us. We dont need to work out the carb ratios or do any real carb counting, I only put in the amount of carbs he has eaten and the pump works out how much to bolus him for the food. Even the corrections are easy with the pump! it was a bit difficult in the beginning to get all the settings right but it's been a lot easier than before the pump.
Regards.
Elsa
I'm pumping for 8+ years now. Been on the Medtronic 712MM, currently Medtronic 722, but soon going on to the 554 Veo - can't wait! Pumping has allowed me to live my life far more flexible, an absolute lifesaver.

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

An eye opening experience at @CWDiabetes!

Last month, I had one of the most amazing experiences I have had with technology since I have been living with diabetes. It happened at the Focus On Technology conference organized by Children With Diabetes in Los Angeles (the first Read on! →

World Diabetes Day at REALM Charter School

REALM Charter is a middle school full of amazing young people eager to learn about World Diabetes Day. Team DHF spent the day with over 300 students and taught them about the Big Blue Test and what they can do Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service