Hello friends,

So as you've guessed by now, I have the OneTouch Ping pump. I have the remote that comes with it, but find the display...difficult to deal with. The lady that gave me training on the pump said second or third quarter OT was going to release a color remote that matches the colors of the ping screen, but who wants to wait? My question is, does anyone here know if the UltraSmart remote works with the pump?

Sorry if this has been asked before, I searched UltraSmart and didn't find anything.

Cheers,
Jay

Views: 509

Replies to This Discussion

I hate the remote... very difficult to see. I even called, complained and said it was defective and they sent me a new one.... just as bad as the first. Surely they know. LOL. If there is a new one... I can't wait.

If You Want To See What The Animas Vibe CGM Looks Like, and See All The Relevant Information About It Including Downloading The User Manual. I have enclosed the UK Website Address Below:

http://animascorp.co.uk/animasVibe

My Advice Is Start Writing Your Congress Person, FDA, And Anyone Else To Get Them To Move There A**. It Is Absolutely Crazy That This Unit Cannot Be Approved In The USA Because The FDA Has Done Nothing About It. Also The Animas USA Staff have No Information Or Release Date On The Vibe CGM.

JEJ

I just took a look at that site and wow! That looks sharp! It has a cgm built in! That's really cool. I've always said the dex needle is far more painful than it should be, where as the ping has zero pain. I live about two hours from Canada, I might have to make a trip up there ;)

The new ping remote with the color screen is night and day compared to the old one. It is so clear and the scrolling is not as "jumpy" Very smooth scrolling and much quicker to navigate through screens. My friend from Canada has the new remote and I was able to play with it. It made me want to use the remote all the time! So, when it does come out it will be a very good, needed improvement.

Jay,
I have some information - 1) the ultraSmart does not have a radio to communicate with a pump built in to it :( 2) a color screen Ping remote is available in Canada - tourist for a month to Canada???? Our Fools, Dumbies and A... (FDA) consider a color screen to be a new device and require a short form application for approval. I cannot find out if it is in the approval pipeline or not.

I live like 2 hours from Thunder Bay, ON maybe rent a place there lol.

Sucks about the UltraSmart and this stupid vibe needs to hurry up and get out here in the US!

Thanks for the info though.

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

#OpposeAB1893: California Bill that Burdens People with Diabetes on Insulin

A couple of days ago I learned that the California State Assembly is considering AB-1893 Sharps waste, which in (if approved) will mandate that: “Sharps sold to the general public in California shall be sold with a sharps waste container Read on! →

FDA Docket Extended! We Need You.

If you are new to diabetes advocacy in the traditional sense of the word, you may be thinking, “What the heck is a docket!?” I certainly was the first twenty times I heard it (yes it took that long). For Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Heather Gabel
(Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator
Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators
Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service