Hi fellow Ping'ers :)

Ok, this feels a bit out on a limb but -- I have a perhaps rather odd request.

Due to some rather complex problems with my insurance expendable medical coverages cap and a new benefits plan that won't start for 30 - 60 days -- I find myself in an awkward jam.

My Animus Ping refills for infusion-sets -- the clear round inset that sticks to your body and connects to the ping pump -- and cartridge reservoirs copay is astronomical, over $630!

If any other Ping pumpers out there would be open to loaning me an infusion set and/or cartridge refill -- I would be most appreciative.

I will return the infusion-set/cartridge as soon as I get my refill order restored from Animas in a month or so. I will also include a Starbucks gift card in thanks.

This is indeed a rather out there post but my hope is that other ping pumpers can relate to this dilemma.

I can be reached on (949) 444-2081 with voice mail and my mailing address is:

Jeff Gillis
PO Box 2087
Mission Viejo, CA 92690

Respectfully,

JG

Tags: Dilemma/911, Ping, Refills

Views: 295

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Jeff, sorry to hear about the problem & I'm afraid I can't help..I'm in the UK where we still just about have a free healthcare system. I just thought I'd say in case you're unaware, you don't have to change your cartridge each time you change your set (obviously depends how long a full cartridge lasts you e.g. mine last me 5-6 days) and personally I refill my cartridges once & sometimes twice. So I get through about 2-3 cartridges a month instead of 10! I have done some research on this and feel pretty safe with what I do, and it could be just a stop gap for you until you get your funding back up and running. NB I actually change my infusion sets only every 4-5 days too, depends how the site feels, usually fine but if a bit itchy then I will do a change after 3 or occasionally 2 days. Dunno if that helps. I try to help save the NHS money here...I can't imagine what it must be like for you folk with your system. Unfortunately with our government, we're moving rapidly in your direction, so it's useful to be informed about it! Best wishes & hope you get some loan offers.
I'm also facing the possibility of running out of supplies for my Ping. Because of changes in our insurance I'm about 2 months into trying to get my pump supplies under the new insurance. It looks like things are finally on the right track and I'm hoping it all goes through before I run out. I have been stretching the one I have left farther than usual to increase the probability that I will make it until I get my new supplies. My issue isn't that I'm not eligible for getting my supplies covered at the moment, its that the people at the insurance company haven't been able to agree on what hoops my doctor and I need to jump through to get me 'approved' through my current insurance. I certainly can't be the only one they cover who uses a pump, you would think someone would know what steps I need to go through.

Jeff,

2 years ago, my medical provider sent me the Insets you use by mistake. I called them and told them that I use inset 30s. They sent me the correct insets, but insisted that they couldn't take back the ones they originally shipped me. I still have the insets. I don't know how legal it is for me to send them to you, but if you still need them, send me an IM. They are just sitting in my closet

Dave

Thank you Dave. I will put them to good use. Since I have a prescription there is no issue. Thanks again, this is a big help

I use Comfort Shorts which are manually inserted angled sets. I can send you however many sets and reservoirs that you need. With only a PO Box, I have to use US mail and could send them out on Monday. I'm busy tomorrow, but could call you on Sunday if I don't get a post back on this thread.

Dearest friends, I would like to express my heart felt appreciation for all your kindness.

I have been meaning to follow up but had to attend a memorial of a dear friend who was killed in a car accidentally. He was a friend as well as a business partner so this hit me rather hard. He was 53 and had previously beat cancer. He oldest son, age 22 called me with the news so Ive been a bit out of for the last 10 days or so.

Life is so very precious and it's important to let the people you care for know that they matter, so hug your kids, tell your spouse how much you love them and your other family embers and friends too.

Genuinely and appreciatively,

Jeff

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

#OpposeAB1893: California Bill that Burdens People with Diabetes on Insulin

A couple of days ago I learned that the California State Assembly is considering AB-1893 Sharps waste, which in (if approved) will mandate that: “Sharps sold to the general public in California shall be sold with a sharps waste container Read on! →

FDA Docket Extended! We Need You.

If you are new to diabetes advocacy in the traditional sense of the word, you may be thinking, “What the heck is a docket!?” I certainly was the first twenty times I heard it (yes it took that long). For Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Heather Gabel
(Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator
Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators
Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service