I got a call from Animas for an "exciting opportunity". Back in Feb the screw on my lowprofile clip started backing out. I complained about the design of the clip. Well, apparently they are designing a rotating clip and called me to test it out. All I have to do is fill out a few surveys. I should get it some time next week. Anyone else get a call from them to try it out?

Views: 2187

Replies to This Discussion

Just bought a diabetic SPI belt I like that and do not think I will use the clip again...

Any news on the new clip design recently?
I am on my third clip and would love it if I could wear it horizontally!

What ever happened with the clip issue?

Sorry I haven't been on this site in a while. I haven't been contacted by Animas about a new clip since the last one broke on me, so I've been clipless for the past 2.5 years. The pump just goes in my pocket (or waistband for the time's I'm not wearing anything with pockets....).

I love the idea of rotation. I prefer to have my pump horizontal! Can't wait.

My lovely wife sewed pockets on the inside of all of my underwear - one pocket on each side - so no accessories required. And since I use the remote 95 per cent of the time, I never have to see my pump throughout the day. I carry an iPhone for work, so I really don't want another device clipped to my belt.

At $20 CDN per clip these are a huge rip off for the time they last. So its now 2014 and I haven't seen or heard of these rotating clips? The Factory basic clip has always been horrible, Animas has given me a couple of free clips, their customer service is outstanding. A rotating clip however will most likely still be prone to the same failure (becoming loose at the screw) if they continue to use a metal clip, metal screw fastened together with a plastic insert between the two. If you ad lock-tight to the screw or keep up on tightening it its not bad. A swivel clip will take just as much abuse as a fixed clip, its simply the pump that will swivel, the clip will remain in the same position as the original fixed clip no doubt.

My Cozmo pump had a fabulous holster. The pump clipped into it, firmly stayed put, and then could be rotated horizontal or vertical. I am short waisted and often bend into the top of the pump when it is vertical. One of the reasons I miss my Cozmo

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

DHF receives $200,000 grant from Novo Nordisk

Grant given to support programs aimed at bringing together people touched by diabetes for positive change BERKELEY, CA: December 4, 2014 – Diabetes Hands Foundation (DHF) has received a grant of US$200,000 from Novo Nordisk to support programs aimed at Read on! →

Guest Post: World Diabetes Day 2014 on Twitter… sifting through the data

At Symplur we track hashtags, keywords, user accounts, and pretty much anything else on Twitter that has to do with healthcare. We collect the data and then build countless ways to slice it up so that we’re able to better Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service