I just started Byetta today and am anxious to see if it is better than Januvia or Avandia. This is a big step for me and I am looking to see how others feel about this new drug.

Views: 159

Replies to This Discussion

You are most welcome, Ms. Karla. That is why we are all here. Feel free to contact me at any time.

Jeff
I started Byetta today as well. I am so hoping I wont have the side effects, but we'll see. I am also taking Metaformin and Lantus as well. My AC1 was 7.4 in February. I am reading that most of you with no nausea take the byetta about 15 minutes before you eat - that is what my dr told me to do as well. I am very worried about the low sugars because I tend to go low mid morning. I try to eat a snack but usually I go low before I get to the snack. I do have a question - I am supposed to take my byetta 6 hours ater a meal. It might be better for me to do one before breaksfast and one before lunch - there is 6 hours between those two - but I eat dinner fairly early (around 5) so if I eat lunch at noon, there would not be 6 hours. Has anyone taken the Byetta earlier than 6 hours after a meal?
Karla, I am so happy to hear that. I knew in time that the nausea would probably diminish. I am so glad that you are handling it now. As I take mine 1hr to 45min before I eat as well. Keep your head high!!,,,Jeff
Go 'LOW CARB' you get tighter control of your BG readings and loose weight. I have lost 49lbs so far. My Endo still does not want to talk about taking me off Byetta. I also walk 3 times a day at least 1.5 miles each time. Walking also helps with the control of your BG readings. My last A1C was 4.9
http://www.diabetes-normalsugars.com/readit.shtml

Start your Low carb experisnce with the above link.
You are now indoctrinated into the diabetic world of LOW CARB. I take an over the counter supplement. 99mg one the moring and one in the evening. I am on pee pills and 2 other meds for High blood pressure + Crestor and pain meds for arthritis.
I began in Late June, and have loved its effect on my BS levels and weight. I still take my 1500 mg of Glucophage (metformin) with the Byetta (20mcg daily). The nausea was mild and only lasted a few days, on both the 5mcg pen and when I switched to the 10 mcg pen. So far, I've lost 12 lbs.
I've been taking it for awhile, and I like taking it....I don't feel hungry while I'm on this medicine, like I did when I was on insulin!

Hope it works for you!

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

An eye opening experience at @CWDiabetes!

Last month, I had one of the most amazing experiences I have had with technology since I have been living with diabetes. It happened at the Focus On Technology conference organized by Children With Diabetes in Los Angeles (the first Read on! →

World Diabetes Day at REALM Charter School

REALM Charter is a middle school full of amazing young people eager to learn about World Diabetes Day. Team DHF spent the day with over 300 students and taught them about the Big Blue Test and what they can do Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service