I was wondering if anyone could tell me which infusion sets they have found available in canada? I use a paradigm pump and I can only seem to find minimed infusion sets. I have seen other sets on various web sites that claim to work with my minimed resevoirs but none are available in canada. I am very interested in the Orbit90 sets..........

Views: 353

Replies to This Discussion

I looked up the Orbit90's by google and thought they were worth a look, but found out in order to get any samples you have to have a prescription from your Dr, then the company will ship you out a few samples. After they have your script you may then order from their website. The only thing I wonder is about the warrenty issue, with the use of sets by other companies; IF a problem occurs is the warrenty still valid? I have not heard of anyone having this issue with MM before rather my own curiousity.
You Should check out infusionsets.com for all the sets that are currently available in Canada. I know if you what they will send sample to a Pharmacy that they supply to no Presricption needed .
Ask for a sample of the Orbit Micro an amazing set!!
I just tried the Orbit Micros for 3.5 months while trying to calibrate our new pump. The first day Payton was so low and the second day he was so high. I gave up on them. I think Payton is too active and jiggles the site causing inflammation or something. Also, the tubing breaks and myself (Animas) and my friend (Medtronic) is reporting the tube completely coming off of the cartridge. Happened to me 2x and her 1x. U of A Hospital is expecting Health Canada to recall the Orbit Micros.

I must admit though, the needle is very small and I like them for the one day that they work. Can't trust the tube to stay on the cartridge for an active boy though. I switched to the Animas Inset II and as a precaution I put them in the freezer for 10 min before insertion to avoid this kinking problem everyone is talking about.
I got some Orbit 90s samples a couple of months ago, without a prescription. I contacted AutoControl Medical, in Ontario (you'd have to Google them for the phone #). They are the Canadian distributor for the Orbit 90. The company got me in touch with my regional rep who then sent samples to my local pharmacy. Unlike some people I know who love the Orbit 90, I ended up not liking them. Plus, if I had wanted to continue with them, I would have had to call my pharmacist a couple days in advance of any reorders to buy them from him... It just seemed like a bit of a hassle.

Like Tony Gaerlan (according to his reply in this thread), I use the Cleo 90 now, and I LOVE them! I used to use the Comfort Short, which are a manual insertion set. They were okay, but I wanted to check out others - that's when I discovered the Cleo 90s. And I also order from Diabetes Express in Toronto ( www.diabetesexpress.ca ) They are the cheapest I have found plus they offer excellent service with quick delivery right to my door.
I understand that when using the luerlock system one can use infusion sets made by other pump companies ...why not call Medtronic Canada @ 1-800- 268-5346 or 1-905-826-6020 , Mississauga , ON or any of the other companies , Animas, Accuchek Spirit ( Roche ) ?
Just for the record , I started using Medtronic Sure-T sets recently , after having tried all the other MM sets...much happier with the blood glucose results overall ( pumping for 8 years ) .
I buy my supplies from DiabetesExpress Toronto, Canada. For MM to use luer lock, you can buy the Fifty50 cartridge system made specially for MM pumps to convert to luer lock system. Here's you web page:
http://www.diabetesexpress.ca/product_info.php/cPath/37_106/product...

Then you can choose luer lcok style infusion sets. I particularly like the Cleo.

Happy pumping.
Tony
we tried the cleo yesterday after getting some samples from insulinpumps.ca and we put it on just after 4pm and it completey fell off by 7:30pm. too bad too as i thought we would really like it. Don't even mind the luer lock connector. minimed is really limited for choices here in canada. I hope they get the mios soon. the connector on the quicksets has given us a few problems trying to reconnect after bath or swimming.
Jayson , I scrolled to the bottom of the Canadian site page and realized that I had responded to your discussion ...and I have posted , what you were referring to : Orbit90...." it " never sank in till just now ....hope you will get to read this and refer to ...I
( and others ) have had samples and quite like the Orbit Micro .
www.diabetesdepot.ca. they have the orbit 90 and orbit micro...
I am sooo glad this discussion showed up , without me having to research , where it is at ...Orbit Micro 90 Steel Infusion set now availalble in 42 inch length ...product code P4251 ...got this info about 1 week ago from the rep at www.insulinpumps.ca . Hope this is useful !

I posted a discussion in Nov. 2009 ( I think ) about Orbi Micro and have to find it , in order to add the latest info I received ...only the short tubing was av. in Canada then .In BC one gets them through the Pharmacy ( Pharmacare )
I just contacted www.insulinpumps.ca and the rep sent me 4 free orbit micro infusion sets (90 degree metal cannula with 5.5mm length needle and the smallest 31 gauge.) with the shortest blue tubing to the Safeway Pharmacy for my 4 year old boy, Payton. I didn't need a prescription. It took a week to ship to Edmonton, Alberta Canada. He starts the Animas pump on Aug 24.

My rep says you can get the Orbit micro for Medtronic as well because there is a conversion kit.
Hi Melissa,

Do you happen to have a contact phone number for insulinpumps.ca? I've checked their website and can't seem to find any contact info, except for the "request an info package" form. I'm very interested in trying the Orbit Micro.

Thanks!

Heather

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Meet The 2014 Big Blue Test Grant Recipients

This year Diabetes Hands Foundation has pledged US$35,000 in Big Blue Test grants, continuing its support for programs aimed at providing lifesaving supplies, medical tests, treatment, and patient education to people living in need who have or at risk Read on! →

Kim Vlasnik: The Patient Voice

Kim Vlasnik, you NAILED it! In this video, Kim Vlasnik takes our breath away as she describes what its like to be a person with diabetes. Fortunately, Stanford’s Medicine-X Conference gives ePatients, like Kim, a chance to speak since we carry the Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service