When my feet got so bad that I had to move to RX shoes I was in for a sad surprise. I could not find any under the multiple hundreds of dollars locally. I found that even on the internet Canada got the dirty end of the shoe. Then I found a company that had a reasonable price. I did have a minor problem though and had to contact them about it.

This is the email trail.
-------------------------------------
On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 3:00 PM,
Dog ate my shoe
Rusher

Hello. Is it possible to buy replacement insoles for my pedors
classic Mens 11 1/2 XW shoes. My dog pulled mine out of my shoes
and demolished one of them.
Thank you for your time
Rusher.
---------------------------------------------------------
On Wed, 4 Apr 2012 17:34:15 -0400, John O'Hare wrote:
Dear Rusher,
These things happen. It is important at such times not to blame
the dog, but to give him a treat.

I will pass your request on to the four-leggers here at the office.
All they will need is your mailing address. I'll even pop in some
special inserts in your size too.

Woof woof,
Dougal O'Hare
Director of Canine Affairs.
Thank you for shopping www.Pedors.c-m!
-----------------------------------------------------------
I sent my Adress on April 5 and recieved new insoles and inserts April 10.
Now that is great service well beyond what they needed to do.

Views: 134

Replies to This Discussion

Great thread to read - have you ever tried Ecco shoes?
They are not RX but close to...reasonably priced.
Bec

Thank you for the advice Bec. I checked out the ecco site but couldn't find any shoes that were expandable for swollen feet. Did I miss them. My feet are not bad in the morning but like balloons by evening.

No, you didn't miss 'em - sorry they don't offer anything like that (they used to have a great shoe years ago, but i just found out they no longer make them)...another brand you could look into is Etonic (try Sears), they may have something...
My hubby's stepfather was a T1D (like me), suffered the same trouble as you...Colin sseems to remember Bill having two pairs of shoes...a morning pair (his normal shoe size) and an afternoon/evening pair that was a half-full size larger.
Sorry I don't have anything better for you...

Thank you Bec. Actually the shoes I have now are pretty good. They look pretty decent and can be easily readjusted during the day for my feet. They look pretty much like a dress shoe and cost $100. over the net. At the moment that will do me.

LOL. I love it!! Sounds like a great company! Any company that has a "Director of Canine Affairs" is a winner in my books and I'd be more than happy to use them. (I am very much a dog person myself and breed/train/show competitive show dogs). This would definitely be something my girl Pickle would do and glad they took care of you. BJ

Yes they are a fun and thoughtful company. I hope it serves them well. I have three little yappers. A pom Foxy, havenese Muffin, and a toy aussie Skye. I was going to buy The Crock RX custom clouds. They look ok but they want almost three times as much for them in Canada as the States. The greed and price kind of put me off. I sent them an email and got a reply that did not help me a bit. They had rights on the email so I can't reprint it.

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Meet The 2014 Big Blue Test Grant Recipients

This year Diabetes Hands Foundation has pledged US$35,000 in Big Blue Test grants, continuing its support for programs aimed at providing lifesaving supplies, medical tests, treatment, and patient education to people living in need who have or at risk Read on! →

Kim Vlasnik: The Patient Voice

Kim Vlasnik, you NAILED it! In this video, Kim Vlasnik takes our breath away as she describes what its like to be a person with diabetes. Fortunately, Stanford’s Medicine-X Conference gives ePatients, like Kim, a chance to speak since we carry the Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service