Admin OptionsEdit Discussion
Close Discussion
Add Tags

My first posting, how about that? Who am I? Well I'm a male, are there any more males here? Mostly it are women I have noticed on other boards. Also, good looking and getting pretty old, next month 79 if I'm lucky! In my 49th year of diabetes type-1 (always wanted to be number 1) On 5 needles per day because my skin doesn't allow the pump's sticky tape. My wife is Johanna, we know each other 61 years of which married 58 years and counting. She is getting used to me she says. I live in Canada, Vancouver Island in BC. Near Vancouver but you need to row over to the Island. LOL. The ferry goes faster..... 54 years ago came to Canada from Holland also by rowboat...LOL We are Canucks now! I saw a different board for Canada here, do I have to enroll there as well? Or is this good for the whole show ? Well I wish you all a good life, don't eat candies or big cakes. Unless you want to leave early for the hereafter...? I hope I fit in? Will try anyway !

Greetings
from JOHNBEN.

Views: 5

Replies to This Discussion

Woman responding : ...I know you are # 1 ...and I live in BC as well since 1971 ...from the Netherlands( Haarlem ) too , by plane , ha, ha ...my records a little smaller ...maybe # 6 , on the other hand there is no type number 6 ??...living with type 1 diabetes since 1983 ...diagnosed 26 years ago ; 10 years your junior ; good looking , I let you decide ??? ...I can learn from YOU ....not withstanding glucose pills .
Hi, my name is Sheila. I'm also Type 1. I have been diabetic for 47 going on 48 years. I was diagnosed when I was barely out of diapers. LOL I am sensitive to adhesive, but luckily the pump tape does not give me a reaction. You must have seen as many changes as I have. I started with glass syringes and steel needles. Everything had to be boiled... The needles needed to be sharpened every once in a while. I do not miss that.
Hi Johnben....Amazing married 61 years, congratulation! You don't hear that much these days and 49 years with Type 1. I have a grandson who's 10 that's been Type 1 since he was 5. I'm Type 2 since Dec 04 & just went on Metformin, but I am trying hard to watch what I eat better and exercise, so I can get back off it. I sorry I can't help you about the other board. I'm new to this site too. I live in Northern Ontario. I have a son + 2 grandsons who live in Vancouver. Have a good day!

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

DHF receives $200,000 grant from Novo Nordisk

Grant given to support programs aimed at bringing together people touched by diabetes for positive change BERKELEY, CA: December 4, 2014 – Diabetes Hands Foundation (DHF) has received a grant of US$200,000 from Novo Nordisk to support programs aimed at Read on! →

Guest Post: World Diabetes Day 2014 on Twitter… sifting through the data

At Symplur we track hashtags, keywords, user accounts, and pretty much anything else on Twitter that has to do with healthcare. We collect the data and then build countless ways to slice it up so that we’re able to better Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service