I ride a 1997 Trek 5000. One of the original all carbon fiber frames. Unfortunately it's pretty old school compared to the Madone. I still love it and put well over 1,000 miles on it this year! My new horse will be a 2008 Cannondale Scalpel 4 I can't wait to get it and put it through it's paces!!! How about you, what do you ride?

Views: 11844

Replies to This Discussion

Some sweet rides and just to keep this going... :)
My race bike is a custom Cannondale w/ Campy Super Record/Record

My XC race bike - Giant Anthem X2

My old race bike - one off Leader w/ Dura Ace
I am so envious of you guys. I want to buy a bike but my budget is only about $300. I have no idea what i can get for that. I want a road bike so i can join the red riders. Can I get any ideas on where to go to get a bike at that price that will be adequate for some Tour de Cure racing?

Thanks.
Larry007,

You should be able to find a mid-nineties vintage road bike for around $3-400. Generally expect Shimano 105 grade components for that price which is more than enough for most riders. Maybe check out ebay or even craigslist depending on where you live and you might just run into a bargain. Most anything new in entry level road bikes will likely run you around $700...
cool thanks will do. can't wait to find the right bike.

I am lucky guy - my 2012 EVO compliments of my team sponsors at S3 Racing! This bike has been great! Been on it since October.

I ride a 2005 Fuji. I love that I got all sora/tiagra gears, carbon fork, clips, and Ritchey wheels, seatpost, and cranks. The price was 800 bucks and that is about 700 dollars less then any other comparable bike out there. I might get laughed at for my Fuji but I have cash in my pocket and the exact componets as everyone else. www.thediabeticcamper.blogspot.com
well.. after 6 years my old wally world bike has finally past its prime. most of it is worn out and the cost of replacing the parts is more than the cost of the bike was to begin with. (and the constant chain slips lately were ticking me off and in a few cases caused me to wreck)

so what does a poor college student with limited money do when his old walmart bike breaks? Buy a new one of course! I know it will probably suffer the same fate as the last one, but hey if it lasts another 6 years, i'd say its $120 well spent.

So introducing...
my NEW mongoose xr-75
Here's my new steel horse. And it is indeed steel. It's a Soma Double Cross, and miraculously SKS makes fenders in a nearly identical color. This is my bike for efficient commuting, light touring, dirt road forest rides and cyclocross style rides. I'm a "road collector" and now that I've been on most of the established routes in the area biking >12,000 miles here, I've been having a great time finding the pleasant forest roads and dirt paths that are just barely rideable on a bike without suspension. I just took this bike for it's first long ride, and did 75 miles through 4 state forests in NY and it performed well.

Nice...Clean Lookn

New guy and his new bike...

2012 Speshy Stumpjumper FSR Comp 29:

Brand-new Felt Z1 in Red Rider colors!!!!

My road/cross bike is a 2011 Specialized Tricross Disc Apex, and my Mountain setup is a 1992 Klein Rascal Rock Shox, Shimano XT. I ride road and we have 100+ miles of crushed limestone rails to trails about 2 miles from my front door, so I needed the Tricross to conquer both surfaces.

Riding the Tour de Cure Madison, WI 50k
and the Tour de Cure Twin Cities, MN 100k

looking for a 100 mile event as well

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

DHF Partners with HelpAround in an Effort to Connect People Touched by Diabetes

Leer en español Technology has the amazing ability to ease the stress associated with diabetes; It simply makes our lives a little more bearable. That’s why we are excited to announce DHFs partnership with HelpAround. This new application will help Read on! →

La Diabetes Hands Foundation y HelpAround uniendo las personas tocadas por la diabetes

Para nuestra comunidad de diabetes la tecnología ha venido a llenar muchos vacíos y a hacer de nuestras vidas un poco mas llevaderas. Eso mismo nos proporciona una nueva aplicación de geo-localización llamada HelpAround (Ayuda a tu alrededor). HA Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service