Ok, so I thought Id update my blog here since I have time at work during they day to read all your entries, but not ever enough time to comment..until now. :)
I went to the fertility clinic in Toronto last Monday with the hubby.
We got there at 230 and arrived back home around 840pm..granted its an hour drive but still...Looong day.
I had a pelvic and then waited for hours to have our consultation with the specialist.
Dr. C Librach is who we saw at the Create Fertility Clinic. I was impressed with his detail to providing us with answers and a clear direction for our next steps.
I had failed to mention previously that I had a endometrial ablation about 10 years ago and that was one of our big concerns. Turns out my lining is 8.7mm which is great! Its as if I didn't even have the procedure done. yay me.
We decided that the best route for us would be a tubal reversal. I was always under the impression that my tubes had been cut and burned, however, after seeing the report after all these years, realized they only had been clamped. One of the best ways to do it if you are ever considering a reversal.
The price of the reversal is about half of that for IVF. I wont need to take all those hormones and we actually get to try and have a baby the fun way. :)
The surgery is just a day stay and I wont need to travel back and forth to Toronto throughout the week and miss so much time off work. Financially, we feel this is the best choice for us..now we just have to hope my 40 year old eggs will cooperate. I'm sure that the doctor will be helping us with stimulating them.
I'm scheduled for the surgery on March 9. Wish me luck!!
I'm really trying to keep my sugars in good control while dealing with all of this news. Easier said than done.:)
Trinsmum-we are so on the same page! Did the tubal and the ablation (although I needed a reversal to be able to start IVF). We made it through 1 round of IVF at a significant cost, which was offset only a small amount by hubby's drug plan. Our pregnancy was cut much too short, and we will be trying with the 2 embabies we have on ice soemtime in March. I have been contemplating a reversal rather than another round of IVF (for the cost, as well as the fact that I had 'severe' hyperstim as a result of the drugs), in case the transfer does not take in March. I am 38 now, so I can appreciate the feeling of anxiety that most of us probably have.
Many hugs and good luck to you! Please keep us posted on your progress, as I for one am living vicariously through others just now. X X X X
hi! it's Rachel again... just wanted to pass along a site that I have found to be helpful. It's http://www.tubal-reversal.net/ and they are based in Chicago (perhaps a drive for you I am not sure), but even just to peruse the info may be of use to you
Thanks very much for that Rachel. Yes, Chicago is quite a way from where we are here in Ontario. But I appreciate you thinking of me.
We think the reversal is going to be the right choice for us..not to mention the cost we'll save, but if the fist time doesn't work, then we'll be able to keep trying without additional costs which would not be the case if we did the IVF.
I cant wait to hear how the March appointment goes!! Please keep me updated!