Hello!

I started with Dexcom last night. The sensor started around 7:30pm and I calibrated when prompted to do so. All night it read between 140-150. After showering this morning, it alarmed that my sugar is high. First it read 319, then 340, now 356. I took a test, and my sugar is 141 so I added that BG to the Dexcom. Is this normal? What should I do now? Is it usually this OFF?

Thanks!
Cara

Views: 414

Replies to This Discussion

I am month into Dex. I have used the MM sensor in the past. I have found with both that it takes 1-2 days for the numbers to have good correlation. As awillie said, the wire needs to marinated or soak in the interstitial fluid before becoming very accurate, for me anyway.

Well, it's official (I think). The last 3 Dexcom's I've used will not work after the initial 7 days. Bad numbers, etc. We should have not talked about it online! Curses! My conspiracy theory is soaring. They've discovered how to stop it......

The first sensor I had lasted 12 days - the next 3 days and Dex replaced it. The last one I had in lasted 7 days and errored on the restart. I agree, conspiracy theory. :)

Mu current sensor woke me up with a loud beep. It informed me that my BG was 35. Seemed a "bit" low so I checked it. It was 150.

Most sensors work ok but lately they have been HORRIBLE. I am sending the data to the agent tomorrow to see if they have any recommendations.

Jeff

Those false lows at night are very annoying. Happens more often than I would like. The Dex will read "LOW" with a value in the 30's and then I check it with One Touch and it is normal (matching the way I feel). Sometimes I have to turn off the Dex to get some sleep, else the false low readings will continue.

Kevin, after 2 year with the Dex, I , like you, will often shut the dex down to get some sleep. When its good, its good and when its off, it can drive you crazy.
My new reigime for peace of mind is to wear the dex for a week or 2, then go without it for week or 2. My BG are usually very good on the week off the dex and I am not driven insane but the alarms. When tired of testing so much, I put dex back on. its nice brek for the stomach too.

Instead of shutting it down, why not just disable the alarm?

I am so glad i joined this forum. I have been using the dexcom seven plus or as i call him ( DEXTER ) for just over 2 weeks and after i changed out my second insert my numbers went crazy in the middle of the night from scary low to absolute and impossible high. and then i added two BG caligrations and soon after got ??? for two hrs. i was about to rip it out and insert a new one but it settle in. but now i don't trust Dexter. He lie's

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

#MedicareCoverCGM Panel Discussion

If you follow the diabetes online community, you know that #MedicareCoverCGM is a big deal. We have continued to raise awareness on #MedicareCoverCGM because we believe that ALL people living with diabetes should have access to continuous glucose monitors (CGM). With Read on! →

#WalkWithD: Making MORE Sense of Diabetes

A few years ago, we at Diabetes Hands Foundation reached out to the members on TuDiabetes and asked them to share their perspective of life with diabetes through one of the five senses, as part of an initiative called Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service