I've just started it, I'm on my third sensor.

I sweat a lot and my sensor adhesive usually starts to break down after two days of activity. I like to use the hot tub too, and that breaks it down even more. I haven't taken it surfing, but I can only imagine...

Does anyone have tips on how to extend the life of the adhesive? I was thinking of using New-Skin liquid bandage and applying it around the perimeter of the sensor. Any adice is always appreciated!

Views: 2001

Replies to This Discussion

I got it from
American Diabetes Wholesale
2501 NW 34th Place, Suite 35, Pompano Beach, FL 33069
Phone 877-241-9002
http://www.americandiabeteswholesale.com

Torbot Skin Tac H Liquid Adhesive MS407 - 4 oz.

Between riding an excercise bike, living in Texas, scuba diving and water skiing Ive tried to find stuff to keep both infusion sets and the Sensor attached for as long as possible. Ive used Mastisol but its expensive and not very easy to work with and not as good an adhesive as Skin Tac - it comes in a bottle. For times when I need less adhesion I use skin prep.

Either way the process is the same - I draw a circle on my arm where im going to put the sensor - thats the area that gets NO glue. I apply the skin tac about 2" around that circle. Then insert the sensor then attache the transmitter and then cover the whole thing with a strip of hypafix. Ive been able to keep some sensors on for more than 2 weeks.

Good luck

Doug

Excellent feedback.

I have used the skin prep for first time ( since Jan 2011) and that approach does bear rewards. I will continue down this path as well.

Thank you.

I found that my Dex was always falling off on day 5. I bought SkinTac swabs from the Animas website store and they have worked like a charm. I have to use adhesive remover to get the sensor off. I first tried skin prep and IV prep but those didn't make much difference at all for me. I'm sticking to the SkinTac (no pun intended).

I used skin tac and this stuff really works my seven year old does karate and the sensors kept falling off called dexicom they told me to buy skin tac and I could not believe how awesome this stuff is good luck...

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

An eye opening experience at @CWDiabetes!

Last month, I had one of the most amazing experiences I have had with technology since I have been living with diabetes. It happened at the Focus On Technology conference organized by Children With Diabetes in Los Angeles (the first Read on! →

World Diabetes Day at REALM Charter School

REALM Charter is a middle school full of amazing young people eager to learn about World Diabetes Day. Team DHF spent the day with over 300 students and taught them about the Big Blue Test and what they can do Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service