I need your help. Does your Dexcom initialize often? Mine does and Dexcom is telling me that's normal.
Blog post at http://dmeanderings.wordpress.com/
Thanks for your help!

Views: 297

Replies to This Discussion

Like Kim I'm not sure Ive ever seen my say "initializing"

Likewise, I have no idea of what this is.

What happened to me is that the Dex would make the loud alarm noise and turn off. I would have to restart the receiver. It did not make me go through the 2-hour sensor start.

One thing I hate about the Dex receiver is the loud noises it makes when it turns off and when you turn it back on.

Thanks All! Really!
Of course since posting this, it hasn't initialized once.
I really appreciate your comments as it will give me some "ammunition" the next time I speak with someone at Dexcom.
Colleen

I saw mine initialize today - first time I recall

It was because I took he dex off for a week to scuba dive and the battery was totally dead - when I plugged it back in to charge the receiver started with Initializing. Which suggests that if you see that a lot - either you are letting it go too low on battery OR its resetting itself

I took Lathump's advice and switched to the leather case and my Dex has not initialized in two weeks. I am going to call Dex on Tuesday and ask about the earlier model case.

I had the same issues with the silicone case, when removing and placing back in my pocket. It is very dry here. I called Dexcom and they told me to put it in the "leather" case it came with and it hasn't happened at all with that. It is static related they tell me. No issues in the "leather case."

Now all I have to do is find the "leather" case.
Thanks!

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Diabetes Among Hispanics: We’re not all the same

US Hispanics are often portrayed in the press as a single, monolithic group. But anyone who has spent any time in San Francisco’s Mission District or the Bronx can tell you, we’re not all the same. Now we’re finding out Read on! →

Diabetes entre los hispanos: no somos todos iguales

Traducido por Mila Ferrer.    A menudo los Hispanos en Estados Unidos son retratados en la prensa como un solo grupo, monolítico. Pero cualquiera que haya pasado algún tiempo en el  Mission District de San Francisco o el Bronx se Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service