Umm... I can't seem to find the answer to this question but I went to install the program for my dexcom on my Mac and it doesn't work... Is there a Mac compatible program for the dexcom?  Please tell me there is!  I have an endo appointment in 5 days....

Elizabeth

Views: 745

Replies to This Discussion

>> Honestly, the best approach these days would be to put all this stuff on the web. (jdowdle, 2010)

In speaking with my Dexcom rep a few months ago, she intimated that their next step was to go web, not x-platform, and it seems with Dexcom's purchase of Sweetspot and their cloud-based approach this may now be in the offing. We shall see.

/\/\

Continuing saga....installed BootCamp as recommended by Mac store since they will then be able to help free of charge. Bought new Windows operating system. Then found out my Mac operating system was not compatible with the new Windows operating system so,,,,,bought new Mac operating system. Still can't get everything working. Another appointment for tomorrow at the Mac store. Hopefully, I will report success?!!! (Or a PC purchase:)

Mac store could not help. I bought a PC. It works fine. I should have done this and not messed with trying to get it to work on the Mac. Money and hours of time lost.

There is another software from CodeWeavers that works with Dexcom. Go to their website and check. No WINDOWS required.

Yeah I sent an email to Dexcom and asked when they would have a Mac version available. Not in the plans but I was told about being able to run Boot Camp on my Mac and with Windows could then use it. It amazed me that they wrote an application for the Ipad to advertise and instruct the 7's use but avoided the need for a Mac app. Dexcom has definately meissed the opportunities to be connected in the right ways in my opinion. I would have liked to see a little nore technologicaly current means of disecting information from their product.

I feel your pain also. Windows or Mac should'nt matter. We bought Dexcom, and should be able to use it on anything we choose.

I wrote my Dexcom rep today. I referenced this 2/23 article from BusinessWire, and asked her about what the future holds insofar as new ways for us to reap our data (especially us Mac users). This is what she had to say:

"Hi Michael,

Thanks for staying on top of recent developments. The article you attached regarding the acquisition of Sweetspot is exactly what is new with Dexcom regarding web applications. As you read, we just acquired the company so it will take time to develop the applications for approval through the FDA and FCC because not only do we want to bypass the need for a Mac app, but we also want to bypass the need for a receiver—so that we can send the signal to any technical piece of equipment, i.e., cell phone/smart phone. I do know that we have discussed the concepts with the FDA so they can be more in tune with what we want to do as a company moving forward. But it will take time and like Jay says, the timeline is yet to be determined.

If it would help, I am happy to meet with you from time to time, maybe once a quarter to download and review the data from your receiver with you. Just let me know. RM"

The "Jay" is the sales rep I originally wrote to who responded and forwarded my note on to Rose Mary. It's nice that she is willing to meet up with me and look at my numbers. I'm not really all that concerned as my REAL use is the day-to-day trending (which has been awesome!!!), but it would be nice to meet up with her once or twice maybe, just to see what's up. Of course, seeing the numbers might lead me to want to see them more often (the first one is always free...), so you just never know.

/\/\

Way to go Michael. Thanks for writing that up. i hope they make it for any smartphone! I'm a Blackberry user and have no plans on changing that, though it may not be popular at the moment. In any case, being able to switch phones and still have access to data and info from the Dex would be awesome. I hope it doesn't take another ten years to do though.

here is the link...

http://www.parallels.com/landingpage/dskd77-3/?source=g_us&gcli...

79$ and you do NOT have to pay for windows os in addition...

there is a new paralells iphone ap for 5.99, it's in beta, not sure if it works yet..

let me know how it goes,

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Diabetes Among Hispanics: We’re not all the same

US Hispanics are often portrayed in the press as a single, monolithic group. But anyone who has spent any time in San Francisco’s Mission District or the Bronx can tell you, we’re not all the same. Now we’re finding out Read on! →

Diabetes entre los hispanos: no somos todos iguales

Traducido por Mila Ferrer.    A menudo los Hispanos en Estados Unidos son retratados en la prensa como un solo grupo, monolítico. Pero cualquiera que haya pasado algún tiempo en el  Mission District de San Francisco o el Bronx se Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service