Hello,

At the risk of exposing myself as a complete idiot, I recently lost my dexcom receiver.
I was on a plane, after many days of not sleeping well, and have chronic fatigue anyway.
I guess having it clipped to my pocket wasn't sufficient, because it is gone, and no one
can seem to find it.  It will be a lot of money to replace, and I feel sick over it.  I am
reluctant to spend it if I can't find a reliable way to keep track of it, even when I'm exhausted
(which is very frequent) or dizzy from other meds (also not infrequent).

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Views: 98

Replies to This Discussion

This suggestion is in line with an earlier one: I typed out labels and taped to the back of my DexCom: "This is a medical devise" 2nd line "if found please call my name and number" It gives me peace of mind to know it won't be taken as some cool gadget if found!
I use those return mail labels the ADA sends me and stick them to everything I own with my cell phone # and the word, "reward" written in black sharpie. I've gotten my Dexcome back twice, and my Blackberry once. They cost me $10 ea. but well worth the reward.
I have just lost my reciever at a movie theater. I ran right back and searched the place over with no luck. The night manager took my information. I'm just praying it's found. I've only had mine for 3 weeks, and I would put it in my pocket clipped in. I'm really sick over this. If I get it back I'll definitly switch to wearing it in the spibelt. Wish I had seen this post earlier!

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

#MedicareCoverCGM Panel Discussion

If you follow the diabetes online community, you know that #MedicareCoverCGM is a big deal. We have continued to raise awareness on #MedicareCoverCGM because we believe that ALL people living with diabetes should have access to continuous glucose monitors (CGM). With Read on! →

#WalkWithD: Making MORE Sense of Diabetes

A few years ago, we at Diabetes Hands Foundation reached out to the members on TuDiabetes and asked them to share their perspective of life with diabetes through one of the five senses, as part of an initiative called Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service