INFORMAL SURVEY: Is the Dexcom Seven Plus volume setting loud enough to wake you up?

Hi everybody!
I'm writing a paper for my Comp 1 class about the Dexcom Seven Plus. I'm proposing that they offer the consumer more choice regarding volume and alert tone features. My question is this:
IS THE DEXCOM SEVEN PLUS ALERT SETTING LOUD ENOUGH TO WAKE YOU? PLEASE ANSWER WITH A CLEAR YES OR NO AND ADD ANY RELATIVE COMMENTS. Thank you so much for taking the time to do this! I appreciate it very much.
Jen

Tags: alerts, dexcom, high, low, lows, night, settings, time, volume

Views: 415

Replies to This Discussion

I sleep with in in my bed and all it takes is vibrate to wake me up.
Yes. The alarm is loud enough to wake me. In fact, I wish that I had the option to make the darn thing quieter.

So like everyone else, I wish that there were settings to make the alarms quieter and loud depending on your needs.
No. No way. I always sleep through it.
yes... I'm a light sleeper
Yes

However, I need to put it on the nightstand and not under the pillow or in a pocket, where I won't hear it. The beeping doesn't always awaken me on the nightstand, but the rattling on the hard surface as it vibrates does the job.
The Dex always wakes up my wife no matter where I place it.
No. I too wish there were options. Sometimes I sleep deep enough that even the vibration doesn't wake me up. And I keep the Dex in a scrubs pocket (belted on) so it's right next to me. If I don't hear it, my husband usually does, but that does no good if he's traveling...
Yes. I still tune it out sometimes when I'm sleeping, but I think that has more to do with being used to the tones than the volume. Perhaps an ability to choose from among several alarm tones would help.

No.
I wake up multiple times in the night on an average night just because that's how I am, and sometimes I hear it beeping so I deal with it, but I don't think the beep ever wakes me up.
The Guardian did wake me up some of the time.

Not all the time, the low alarm is pretty low, but son should probably take it out of its zipper pouch.

NO - not loud enough
I need a louder hypo alert during the night, as have tendency to half awake - cancel alert and go back to sleep, until it alerts again. I also need a recording (as lack a real person) that tells me to take glucose, take action to deal with the low and to check its really low and not doing a false low which indicates that its time to change the sensor.

Yes. I keep it on my nightstand and it usually wakes me up even at just the vibrate level and certainly when it beeps. And hands down a vast improvement over Medtronic's alarm volume.

No, the alarm does not wake me. Since I live alone I put the sensor in a glass bowl (like a thin fish bowl) filled with jingle bells of all sizes. When the alarm vibrates, it is more likely to wake me. I am an extremely deep sleeper!

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

TuDiabetes Is Getting A Makeover!

Written By Emily Coles, TuDiabetes Community Manager. Last summer we surveyed members of TuDiabetes and EsTuDiabetes online communities, and gained some GREAT insights! We learned that our members are happy with the information and support they receive on TuDiabetes and Read on! →

An eye opening experience at @CWDiabetes!

Last month, I had one of the most amazing experiences I have had with technology since I have been living with diabetes. It happened at the Focus On Technology conference organized by Children With Diabetes in Los Angeles (the first Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service