We have a 4 year old that uses the dexcom. Alarms at night can be very annoying especially when the receiver keeps buzzing after you have treated a high/low. I developed a pad with a wireless camera and a remote control button pusher so we can see the graph and silence alarms without walking into her room.. I was wondering if anyone has done anything like this so we could exchange ideas to improve the concept. Also was wondering if anyone has been able to relay the transmitter signal.

Views: 549

Replies to This Discussion

I am working on the second generation which will be more compact and make less noise when the solenoid is activated. My wife loves it as she can check in during nap time and at night without getting out of bed.
Diabetesmine.com Design Challenge submission?

http://www.diabetesmine.com/designcontest
No way! That's awesome. How do you "push" the Dex button to see her number? I couldn't tell from the video. Can you view it if there isn't an alarm going?
whenever we want to see the screen we just push the small remote button this pushes the button on the dexcom and we can see the number and graph through the video monitor. Sometimes we check her before alarms go off. Many times during her nap we can check to see if her lunch bolus was accurate.
Over the last month I have made another dock which is smaller and has internet/smartphone capability and named it the sweet dreams CGM dock.. I submitted a video to the diabetes mine challenge. Wish me luck!! You can view the video here http://www.youtube.com/diabetesmine

or click HERE

It is at the bottom under "recent activity"
Awesome video! I'm impressed - the dock looks so professional!
We just started using a dexcom for our 4 1/2 year old son and I've been wanting something like this. The video you submitted to diabetesmine was great.

Instead of pushing the ok button I was thinking about using x10 or something similar to turn the outlet off and back on. Did you try doing that? It seems to work for turning the screen on. I'm not sure if it would dismiss a high/low alert.

In your video you showed that you had something set to send emails with photos. What did you use for that?
I used a panasonic network camera with the ability to email photos when triggered with motion, sound or light. It also had a 12 volt switch to trigger the mechanism from the web.

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

#MasterLab through the eyes of the community

The Diabetes Hands Foundation would like to thank everyone for attending the diabetes advocates MasterLab on July 2nd 2014. MasterLab was about building a sense of what is possible and designed to give advocates a chance to learn from veteran Read on! →

DHF Partners with HelpAround in an Effort to Connect People Touched by Diabetes

Leer en español Technology has the amazing ability to ease the stress associated with diabetes; It simply makes our lives a little more bearable. That’s why we are excited to announce DHFs partnership with HelpAround. This new application will help Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service