I'm curious how many of you would be seriously interested in a Diabetic Alert Dog Workshop in the New England/ East Coast Area? Full partcipants or option to auditor as well.

Views: 271

Replies to This Discussion

I think this would be a wonderful idea, if it were on the west coast :) Good luck, anyway!
Yes, I would be very interested. My sugars are so sparatic. How do we find out what kind of dog is good for this?
This is a great idea, but unfortunately I live in Portland, Oregon. Anyone know of anything in my area?

Linda L
this does sound GREAT. How about for those of us in Austin, TX??????
There is one in Utah, in Oct. MS in May. They may be full by now. I live in New England and want some education for those of us up here.
Linda, you can contact Early Alert Canines in the SF Bay Area. I believe that they are open to placing dogs in Oregon. www.earlyalertcanines.com

They are working on the website, but at least you can get your information to them for their mailing list. They are a non proft and do not charge for dogs.

Beth
I would be very interested in something like this. We live in Maryland but I would be willing to travel.
I'm interested. Live in CT. Depending on when it will be- we are expecting a baby in July, so I might not be able to go- but I"ve been looking into a DAD for when I'm home alone with the baby- for her safety
I would be *very* interested. Have you cross-posted in the New England group?
Please include my name if a New England DAD Workshop is set up. I live in Maine and willing to travel. Thanks much!

i would be very interested

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

#MedicareCoverCGM Panel Discussion

If you follow the diabetes online community, you know that #MedicareCoverCGM is a big deal. We have continued to raise awareness on #MedicareCoverCGM because we believe that ALL people living with diabetes should have access to continuous glucose monitors (CGM). With Read on! →

#WalkWithD: Making MORE Sense of Diabetes

A few years ago, we at Diabetes Hands Foundation reached out to the members on TuDiabetes and asked them to share their perspective of life with diabetes through one of the five senses, as part of an initiative called Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service