Hey! Was just wondering if anyone else has had crazy periods. I always had really strange periods, sometimes it would come and sometimes it wouldnt or at least I wasnt sure because I never kept track of it but for the last 6 months I have been and I finally caught it! LOL sounds wierd but I know I wasnt going insane. So anyway I was getting it pretty much regular for like 4 months straight maybe a few days late 1 or two months but nothing to serious. Then December came and went normally but January and February never came and now finally we in march and it came but when it came back I have horrible cramps, back pain, and really heavy period. I am type 2 D currently on insulin pump since January. Just want to know if anyone else has this problem or any suggestions on what it could be? I havent gone to gyn because Im really not a fan of doctors period but especially gyn I find them creepy but I do plan to face my fears and eventually go soon after my evil friends leaves. Thanks for any help!

Views: 183

Replies to This Discussion

Sorry Jeni... I am like clockwork. Always have been. Is there any chance you might be pregnant? There are so many things that can make a period wonky... Age/Weight/Medical History... I highly recommend you suck it up and make an appointment with a GYN sometime soon. How long has it been since you have gone? Nobody enjoys going to the Dr. especially since we all go so often being diabetic. I just went to the GYN this past January after not having gone for 3 years. I dreaded going since the last 2 times I had gone prior to my 3 year absence I had to undergo testing. Ignoring it doesn't make a health issue go away and that was something I had to realize.
Good luck and make that appointment!

At first I thought I was pregnant and actually hoping I was but I took like 10 home tests and all said negative so went to primary and she did blood test and it came back negative too. I havent been to gyn in about 3 years but yea I'm gonna make appointment. I just like to be a little prepared and know what might be or could be....i dont know I just hate not knowing anything! Thanks for answering!

Can your endo or PCP check your thyroid levels? Those can mess with your cycle a lot if they are out of whack.

PCOS which is something more associated with T2 is also a possibility, it can cause very irregular periods and that's absolutely something you'd want to bring up with an OB/Gyn since it can cause infertility.

If you are trying to get pregnant or hoping to start a family soon it's a good idea to get a well woman checkup anyways just to make sure everything is fine before you get pregnant.

I know so far everytime I had my thyroid levels checked they always say there fine but I will doublecheck on it. Im going to read up on PCOS and ask when I go to gyn. I remeber when I was first diagnosed type 2 d I also had sleep apnea and doctor I had said I could have something that had to do wih not being able to get pregnant but I was young and dumb and didn't listen. Lately I been trying to fix what I've messed up in the past. Thanks for the advice and I definitely want kids with my husband so will be getting the works on the checkups!

If you are missing it months at a time and then randomly getting it then you should talk to your doctor about PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome). I discovered i had it myself just recently and it can cause you to go months without it. Some of the other other symptoms are:

Hair loss: Hair loss similar to male pattern baldness.

Infertility: Difficulty in conceiving or becoming pregnant. Usually a result of irregular periods, or not ovulating each month.

Infrequent or absent periods

Anovulation or oligovulation: Not ovulating, or releasing a mature egg from the ovary each month. Without ovulation, periods may be irregular or absent.

Ovarian cysts

Obesity

Acne

But those are only some so i recomend asking your doctor about it, Hope this helps.

Thank you Ariel, every bit of info helps. I've been reading up on it and I am almost positive I have it. I'm just waiting for my evil friend to leave me so I can make appoint for gyn to confirm. Thanks again!

I'm almost positive I have PCOS from all the articles I read and what I've heard but I will go get checked out to make sure. If anyone has any advice for dealing with it and how to help make it better since I hear there is no cures. I will appreciate any and all advice or suggestions! Thanks!

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

TuDiabetes Is Getting A Makeover!

Written By Emily Coles, TuDiabetes Community Manager. Last summer we surveyed members of TuDiabetes and EsTuDiabetes online communities, and gained some GREAT insights! We learned that our members are happy with the information and support they receive on TuDiabetes Read on! →

An eye opening experience at @CWDiabetes!

Last month, I had one of the most amazing experiences I have had with technology since I have been living with diabetes. It happened at the Focus On Technology conference organized by Children With Diabetes in Los Angeles (the first Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service