Hey all of you lovely women with diabetes....
I'm writing in search of women to interview on a variety of topics related to life with diabetes as a woman. My book is titled, "The Smart Women's Guide to Diabetes" and will include chapters on everything from eating to dating and motherhood. I'm currently working on chapters 1 & 2-"Diagnosis" and "Managing Adolescence." Some of the questions include:
1. Tell me the story of your diagnosis including the following details:
· How old?
· Hospital visit?
· Who was around-mom, dad, spouse…
· Initial reactions?
· What was your first question? and what was the best piece of advice you received?
· What were your fears?
· Were you started on a pump or MDI?
· What do you remember about how your life was immediately changed? Food, Responsibility/Freedoms, Exercise….
· Did you grieve& experience depression or move on & adjust quickly?
· What were the reactions from friends and family members?
· How did you share the news, and do you remember anything about the language of diabetes? What did and does the word "Diabetes" mean to you?
If anyone is inspired by these questions and interested in sharing your story, please leave a comment and I can email you directly, I'd love to hear from you! (and there will be more to follow of course...)