If you shop @ Safewat, share your diabetes grocery shopping list here.

Views: 332

Replies to This Discussion

Frozen Veggies
frozen berries
frozen chicken
frozen fish
eggs
bananas
spinach
sardines
Nutella
almonds
fat-free milk
and Sparkling water =D
oh, and sometimes, a bag of Cheetos and a chocolate milk miraculously finds its way into my shopping cart... =D
Lucerne brand non-fat, splenda sweetened vanilla yogurt- wish they had more flavors in the 500g container. I buy the small containers sometimes when they're on sale to take for snacks at work, but vanilla yogurt, frozen berries and Kashi GoLean Crunch is breakfast weekdays.

-Lactose free milk
-eggs (Omega, extra yellowy kind- I tried them and got hooked and the bright color)
-tortillas (would buy at costco, but the packages are just too big)
-canned beans (black, kidney and romano)

We buy the majority of our groceries at Costco, but if there's things we can't find or run out of, it's Safeway. The alternate grocery stores nearby are either too small and crappy or too big and crazy (Real Canadian Superstore, I'm looking at you and your non-stocked shelves, produce section like an off-the-strip Vegas hotel dumpster and complete lack of cashiers).

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

DHF receives $200,000 grant from Novo Nordisk

Grant given to support programs aimed at bringing together people touched by diabetes for positive change BERKELEY, CA: December 4, 2014 – Diabetes Hands Foundation (DHF) has received a grant of US$200,000 from Novo Nordisk to support programs aimed at Read on! →

Guest Post: World Diabetes Day 2014 on Twitter… sifting through the data

At Symplur we track hashtags, keywords, user accounts, and pretty much anything else on Twitter that has to do with healthcare. We collect the data and then build countless ways to slice it up so that we’re able to better Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service