what's your go to breakfast on days when you don't feel like making anything, but still want to be healthy?
if it's cereal, what works for you? everything i've tried shoots me up for a couple hours and then I crash.

Views: 423

Replies to This Discussion

I don't know if I saw it here or where but it's also great with chunks of cucumber... I Love it as well.
I discovered Dr. Goldman's muffins, which are made with almond flour and guaranteed not to raise BG. I was skeptical, but tried them, and my BG really stays stable afterwards. I am totally addicted to the chocolate and the cinnamon carrot muffins -- I have one with peanut butter every morning. You can find them at http://www.carb-one.com/.

PS The low-carb bread is also delicious.
Although I love breakfast, I find it the hardest meal of the day. I've started looking at other meals and switching them around to get a better handle on all my meals. Sometimes I will start my day out with a sandwich of meat and a slice of Whole grain bread, and end it with a bowl of oatmeal and some fruit ----- and always the vegies. I am constantly on the look out for easy, quick breakfast ideas that aren't oatmeal, smoothies or just eggs.
I have the same problem. I am NOT a morning person and the thought of getting up and having to prepare a meal is so depressing. Cereal & instant oatmeal both hit my sugar real hard. I usually fall back on Jimmy Dean Breakfast Bowls - they are good - probably mot fat than I ought to have, but I have no better idea for easy and quick.
Smoothies are good... you can blend in the oatmeal.

My son every Sunday makes his oat meal about 1/2 cup and then puts it in the freezer. He freezes it in resealable canning jars, takes his soy milk in a small container, and puts the milk in a plastic bag in case it would open by mistake. When he gets to work, he puts it in the fridge until his break and adds dried fruit or a banana to it, mics it for 1 minutes and poof! He has breakfast and a reuseable container. I tried some when we were there recently, and by gollee it's great! I'm going to do the same thing for this winter, by the time I get home from swimming, it's later and I can sure use a hardy breakfast. He says it's about 178 calories, milk included and fruit.....He's lost 40 lbs thus far. HIPEE,,,,,and now his wife is doing the same thing at her nursing job. I am so blessed, she got a job on the diabetic ward, how neat is that for me.

I use a glass of almond milk, with Dales raw protein powder or some whey protein powder, all very low carb. I stick to 6 carbs for breakfast to avoid any spikes, 12 for lunch 12 for dinner. The powder is actually pretty tasty, and almond milk, sugar free, is very low carb too. Added bonus, lots of protein, no cholesterol .
Make it tastier by mixing in blender with some chipped ice, a little erythritol, it is this or egg whites made into an omelet with a bit of cheese, mushrooms and green pepper slices. 30 carbs a day for me.

quick breakfast
microwave scrambled egg with a couple slices of lous low fat low sodium bacon and some slices of cheddar cheese chopped in pinch salt, pepper add mushrooms or tomatoes if you like quick easy tasty

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

An eye opening experience at @CWDiabetes!

Last month, I had one of the most amazing experiences I have had with technology since I have been living with diabetes. It happened at the Focus On Technology conference organized by Children With Diabetes in Los Angeles (the first Read on! →

World Diabetes Day at REALM Charter School

REALM Charter is a middle school full of amazing young people eager to learn about World Diabetes Day. Team DHF spent the day with over 300 students and taught them about the Big Blue Test and what they can do Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service