Breakfast: 20 carbs
(almost all in the fruit)

Poached eggs, 2 slices of canadian bacon, a small tomato (grilled), hollandaise sauce (homemade), 1/2 a pear, tablespoon of Greek Yoghurt and black coffee.

What are you having?

Tags: carb, food, ideas, low

Views: 218

Replies to This Discussion

Ooo, those eggs look fabulous! I eat variations of eggs & cheese almost every day for breakfast. Love eggs. I also have pancakes made from almound flour, or almond flourc/oconut flour muffins on weekends when I have more time. I don't eat fruit, except for small portions of berrries every now & then. Too many carbs for me & fructose isn't our friend.

You are making me feel hungry with that picture of your breakfast! I usually have an almond meal muffin with blueberries and yogurt with coffee. I have the muffin and yogurt in a bowl and my mind is tricked into thinking I am eating my pre-dx breakfast of cereal. About once a week I will have scrambled eggs with bacon, but I don't really like eggs for breakfast.

The muffin would put me in the stratosphere. I do throw some blueberries in my greek yogurt sometime. :)

Low carb muffins I make with almond &/or coconut flour have 3-5 carbs each. Bet Pastelpainer's are similar.

Sorry todd but for myself no fruit or gluten most type 1 should be aware of gluten, tomato are full of sugar its a fruit, dairy full of sugar, try some green veggis with a egg and coffee it works for me no more that 30 carbs a day.

I like the idea of greenie instead of the tomato. I usually have 1/2 a fruit for breakfast and can maintain mid 100's BG. The Greek yoghurt is 5g of carbs per 4 oz, no sugar added only the lactose. The tomato was an anomaly. Thanks for the comments.

yep you will find what works, thats great you can keep your BG in Range way to go. take care bob

Lately bacon and eggs <2g of carbs. Those muffins sound good!

Since I'm out of the door by 0700 to go to the gym, I don't do much for breakfast. I may grab a slice of cooked meat or a cchunk of cheese from trhe fridge. I have a coffee at the gym where I meet up with the rest of my "gang". Until the end of the month, [Jan 2012], I'm having to go even earlier, because a railway bridge is being replaced. It's closed a cross town route and caused traffic chaos. Unfortunately my gym is about 3 miles away. Too far to walk in a reasonable time.
Hana

Yesterday was Bologna Sausage Gravy (SOS) on a low carb pita. Maybe 10 carbs total. The gravy is with WPI5000 and Almond Flour.
\
My daily breakfast at work is 2 Kavli crisps with cheese and cold cuts.

Todd, those eggs do look awesome.

I wish I could have your breakfast every morning, *sigh* it looks delicious while I am sitting here eating my roast chicken and kale ...

Hi Kelly I love kale and 1 egg in the morning way to go lots of green veggis are so good for you and will keep the BG Low

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

TuDiabetes Is Getting A Makeover!

Written By Emily Coles, TuDiabetes Community Manager. Last summer we surveyed members of TuDiabetes and EsTuDiabetes online communities, and gained some GREAT insights! We learned that our members are happy with the information and support they receive on TuDiabetes and Read on! →

An eye opening experience at @CWDiabetes!

Last month, I had one of the most amazing experiences I have had with technology since I have been living with diabetes. It happened at the Focus On Technology conference organized by Children With Diabetes in Los Angeles (the first Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service