I have found that Apple Cider raises my bs.. I now am trying Cayanne Peper in water, I want to try lemon juice too.
Has anyone had their bs go up from drinking any of these.. I LOVED drinking the Apple Cider but my sugar just kept going up.. I would sip on it all day... especially with STEVIA in it. I would like a healthy drink that wont raise my blood sugars... thanks for all your help....

Views: 59

Replies to This Discussion

It is very hard for me to stay to my diet when eveyone else is eating carbs.. I use to be there but am very WEAK now.. I'm sure I will get stronger in this area again.. At least your daughter lets you feed them well.. some of us have to learn the hard and long way, or should I say, some of us never learn.. Food is a touchy subject.. It is not used much for health.. more so for comfort..
More is Caught than Taught... keep up the good work with the grandbabies..
I usually end up slackening off a bit at weekends. My T1 husband has limits to how tight he wants his control to be and since he likes cooking on Sundays, I'm often presented with a bit more carb that I would serve myself. I try to tighten up in the week. However it's not easy if someone else in the house isn't supportive and doesn't believe how much effect certain foods have. T1 LOVES rice and hasn't grasped how much effect it has on me, so insists on cooking it.I just try to have a minimum portion
Hana
You can buy a product found in the fridge next to the cartons of milk for lactose intolerant people called Lactaid 100% lactose free milk, check out their website http://www.lactaid.com/
I used to use alot of the coconut milks but my doctor wants me to stop because of my cholesterol levels.
I sometimes drink Rooibos. I found out about it by reading Alexander McCall Smith's enchanting "Number 1 Ladies Detective Agency" books.
I like it flavoured with a little vanilla extract and with an artificial sweetener. I'm in England and can't get Stevia
Hana
That's where I heard about it as well! Precious R. likes "red bush tea", but I think green is good too. Reading the labels, I think the differences in green and red rooibos are similar to the differences in green tea and black tea. If I'm on the low side, I sweeten with a little honey. High or low, I like the hydrating from "bush tea".

There was a passage in one of the books where the ladies of the agency tried drinking "real" tea instead of the bush to impress people, and didn't like the taste at all!
Apple juice is high in sugar. If you make your own lemon juice drink with an artificial sweetener it should be OK. Alternatively try one of the Da Vinci syrups in water. I find them sickly sweet, but you might like the taste.
Hana

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

#MasterLab through the eyes of the community

The Diabetes Hands Foundation would like to thank everyone for attending the diabetes advocates MasterLab on July 2nd 2014. MasterLab was about building a sense of what is possible and designed to give advocates a chance to learn from veteran Read on! →

DHF Partners with HelpAround in an Effort to Connect People Touched by Diabetes

Leer en español Technology has the amazing ability to ease the stress associated with diabetes; It simply makes our lives a little more bearable. That’s why we are excited to announce DHFs partnership with HelpAround. This new application will help Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service