I don't know if this is a "discussion" , and some of you already know me from the D OC diabetic community, I just wanted to say hi. It is nice to know that it is not just Americans who communicate via blogs. I am totally new at Tu Diabetes, so please excuse my errors which are sure to come! I am the opposite of a computer geek. I like computers b/c they help me get to know all you guys, but I get terribly frustrated when IT WILL NOT WORK the way I want it to. To know more about me - visit my blog at http;//chrissieinbelgium.blogspot.com . My very first blog entry will give you a resumé of who I am, where I live, why I cannot spell anything (b/c I mix up English, French and Swedish). On the photo of me here you see Skye, my curly coated retriever, whom I adore! Anyhow, it is very nice to say how to all of you!

Views: 34

Replies to This Discussion

To help out a bit: The discussions that are posted inside a group remain inside a group and are not displayed along with the other discussions that appear on the home page. :)

On a side note, the group is growing, so I wanted to ask if anybody would want to volunteer to be admin for it. Among the tasks involved would be:
1) Keeping an eye on new members that subscribe, to invite them to the group if they are from Europe.
2) Keeping an eye on any discussions under way, just in case they get out of hand (not likely, but...)
3) Editing the group's info, which includes the description, icon and any widgets you may want to add, such as a calendar of dates, etc.
4) Last, you would also be able to ban users from the group, who may be violating the terms of use. In this case, I would obviously need you to give me a heads up.

I estimate at this time this task should not take more than 20 minutes every other day.

Anyone up for it?

Last: let's grow the European membership! Let's spread the word locally! Tell other friends, family and colleagues whom you think could benefit from coming on board.
Hello, here another one from Belgium... Mechelen
Hi there
I'm over in Spain. I have a small site setup for persons with Diabetes in Spain.
If anyone needs any advice or information, feel free to hit me up and I'll see what we can do ;-)

Best wishes
Mike
Hi all... I am from Portugal
To know my home region go to www.visit algarve.pt or watch this movie http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vPl_zwATpUA

See you.
Hello there, i'm from the 'upper' lowlands: Nederland so we're 'neighbours'.
beautiful dog!

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

#MedicareCoverCGM Panel Discussion

If you follow the diabetes online community, you know that #MedicareCoverCGM is a big deal. We have continued to raise awareness on #MedicareCoverCGM because we believe that ALL people living with diabetes should have access to continuous glucose monitors (CGM). With Read on! →

#WalkWithD: Making MORE Sense of Diabetes

A few years ago, we at Diabetes Hands Foundation reached out to the members on TuDiabetes and asked them to share their perspective of life with diabetes through one of the five senses, as part of an initiative called Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service