So, there has to be a category for lines that aren't flatlines, but aren't exactly Himalayas either. I thought, maybe, Appalachians, but I'm not sure if I'm even spelling the word correctly.

How about just, 'Rollecoasters".

Here's my attempt to steal the honor back from onesaint. I haven't spent too much time above my high set at 140,and not too much time beloe my low set at 60, but geez I've spent a lot of time bouncing in between the two over these klast 24 hours....

Views: 882

Replies to This Discussion

Back to drawing letters. Nice 'W' there, stands for whacky! The big peak was a 157 an hour after 2 slices of turkey with mesclun rolled up in it. I actually bolused for 2 carbs. Blech. Set 70-120.
Be gentle with yourself, girl! 157 is NOT that high, and it came right down again! The unfortunate reality is that we DO have diabetes, much as we wish it would go away, and not bother us with having to pay attention to details. I personally would LOVE to float between 70 and 90 and never even know I was doing it, but that's not the hand I was dealt. You, neither. I'm happy to see that you were under that magic 120 line most of the day -- that's doing a darn good job! Look at the 95% that was good, not the 5% that was above what you like, and pat yourself on the back, OK?
I agree w/ Natalie about 157 not being that high but Flat is very addictive!!
Thanks Natalie. Being gentle with myself isn't one of my skills.

I always think there's a lesson from the universe in everything, positive or negative. Having breast cancer and related tx finally taught me to ask for help and accept it gracefully - not easy for me. Maybe the lesson here IS to be more gentle with myself.
Acid is right -- flat IS addictive! And when you've gotten a few, you begin to think it should be like that all the time (with minimum effort, too!). But diabetes is just not like that. I just woke up from a dream about taking a physics class over and over again, and failing the final every time. I think it's a symbolic dream, because I wasn't REALLY failing, in the sense that I was passing the tests during the semester, but one or two questions on the final would get me, and I would "fail" for just that reason. There was no recognition of the fact that I was succeeding more than I was failing.

I think we folks here in this special club are indeed tweakers, problem-solvers, micromanagers, not content to leave sleeping dogs lie, and therefore tend to zero in on details that we see as less than perfect, whereas sometimes, I think we need to stand back and look at the greater whole. I don't deny that striving for that flat line is a good thing -- can be fun, like playing a video game (!), but it is REALLY important not to beat yourself up when you don't win. It IS like a video game, in that you get another "life" and a chance to try again.

My lines have been all over the place (up to 200's and 300's) in the last week, but I'll get them back where they belong. Take THAT, you cretinous space alien!!!!!! :-)
Well said Natalie !

After a few good days for me, I'm having one of those 200+ 'for no good reason' days.. Just flattening out at 242, and hope to soon head down. Took a correction 20 min ago.
It is a new sensor. I stopped the previous sensor at 80, after 12 days. 2 hours later, started the new one at 162, and all I had eaten was a cheese stick !. 2 hours after that sensor was still going up, but I was not able to do meter BG and thought it was a runaway new sensor, Finally did the meter BG and surprised that the new sensor was actually correct ! yeah, now it's 235, but with a flat arrow.
What a fun ride, but steady now..

Hope you had a good pair of skis! :-)
These nighttime lows... *sigh*. If they happened every night they'd be easy to fix. Dex woke me at 4 ish at 52, I actually checked on a meter - 49. Apple juice gave me a little peak the I plunged again. I really don't want to eat meat or cheese in the middle of the night with apple juice or skittles or whatever. Pretty pleased with today, we had a terrier trial so tons of activity. I ate something like 70 carbs which is about twice my usual... I was hungry!! Got a small piece of birthday cake to treat the low :) Buttercream on chocolate, yummy.
Well, I've really gone and done it now. I have my very own rollercoaster. I'm still trying to figure out what is wrong. First, had Thai food out. I was a perfect 84 mg/dl before my meal, crispy fried beef with a half cup of brown rice. Then WHAMMMO. 244 mg/dl at 2hrs. I bolused for 50 g of carbs, so there must of been some freaky stuff in that beef. But then again last night, I ate at home, homemade chicken salad and half a cup of beans. I should have nailed that, but again BLAMMO, out of range. And both times I corrected with IM injections that had little effect. I am thinking my insulin may be skunked.

Sounds like a good hypothesis. If you can take the next dose with a new bottle to see. Nice to see you posting bsc!
One of THOSE days. Struggled all day to get it down, and it kept going up again. But I FINALLY got it down to where I want it, and hope I can manage to keep it there! :-)

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

DHF Partners with HelpAround in an Effort to Connect People Touched by Diabetes

Leer en español Technology has the amazing ability to ease the stress associated with diabetes; It simply makes our lives a little more bearable. That’s why we are excited to announce DHFs partnership with HelpAround. This new application will help Read on! →

La Diabetes Hands Foundation y HelpAround uniendo las personas tocadas por la diabetes

Para nuestra comunidad de diabetes la tecnología ha venido a llenar muchos vacíos y a hacer de nuestras vidas un poco mas llevaderas. Eso mismo nos proporciona una nueva aplicación de geo-localización llamada HelpAround (Ayuda a tu alrededor). HA Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service