So, there has to be a category for lines that aren't flatlines, but aren't exactly Himalayas either. I thought, maybe, Appalachians, but I'm not sure if I'm even spelling the word correctly.

How about just, 'Rollecoasters".

Here's my attempt to steal the honor back from onesaint. I haven't spent too much time above my high set at 140,and not too much time beloe my low set at 60, but geez I've spent a lot of time bouncing in between the two over these klast 24 hours....

Views: 953

Replies to This Discussion

It's the end result that counts, great job! Not a bad pic either :)
Been a while since I've posted, but here's my Good, Bad and Ugly Roller coaster ride from today.
Started out great, and have recently adjusted/improved my basals overnight.
Got back from running errands, and BG was 80, and needed to mow the lawn. Had some carbs, set a temp basal (70%) as I usually do, and set out to mow. But BG started falling. Had some glucose tabs, BG still falling (confirmed with meter 70), ate some crackers + grapes. Probably 40-50 carbs total, I lost track. Don't know why the delay, but they finally kicked in. Dex shows 300+, but meter BG high was 253. Bolused for the 50 carbs by injection, and had a small dinner, and finally it has leveled out. What a ride !

Well, I hate to tell you this, but that line is NOT pretty! :-( It looks more like Mount Everest than a rollercoaster! But at least there's a 104 with a flat arrow -- hope you can keep it there!
I debated whether to post under Rocky Mountains vs Roller Coasters ! Today went much better.

Oh, boy, what a ride. Napped and one of my dogs woke me up. High 40s, shaky low. Can you say overcorrect?

Honored to be next to one of jrtpup's comments!

Little high overnight 158. Better later in the day. Jury duty, mostly sedentary.

Well, I am taking today off of the mountains and putting it in the roller coaster. At least I didn't hit 300 today. I upped my mid day basal by 0.10 so we'll let it ride another day and see where it lands.

Moving in the right direction and cruising sideways @ 88!

Not bad Kate! Could be a lot worse.... glad to see you are still around 8-)
Thanks Terry and Danny! Today is yet another day to perfect the art of diabetes!

Yesterday was a roller-coaster, but not too bad. BG ranged from 59-164. I was in target 66% of the time, well short of my 80% goal. Time low was 4% which meets my goal. Average BG was 123, above my goal <= 110. Interesting that, even though I had two high bumps and one low, my standard deviation was only 28 for the day, within goal. I met 2/4 goals, not bad for a roller coaster day.

I had scrambled eggs, sausage and tomatoes @ 11:15 a.m. Carbs = 12, protein = 35, fat = 65. I covered the carbs with 2.9 units of insulin and delivered a 6 unit bolus extended over 5 hours to cover the protein/fat. I used a 30 minute pre-bolus.

For dinner I had a 6 oz. salmon filet with tomatoes and salsa. Carbs = 9, protein = 47, and fat = 19. Carb bolus = 1.5. Protein/fat bolus = 4.3 units over 3.5 hours. Prebolus was 15 minutes.

I walked for 15 minutes at 9 a.m., 45 minutes at 12:45 p.m. and 30 minutes at 8:30 p.m.

I changed my infusion set at 7:43 a.m. That may may have contributed to the afternoon bump (a slow starting site) or maybe my insulin to carb ratio at breakfast needs to be increased from 1:4 to 1:3.5. I'll wait and see.

One other thing, I had a fitful night of sleep with little rest. Did the BG bump cause the bad night's sleep or did the bad night's sleep cause the double top BG bump?

Yesterday's line improved over the day before. It's still not quite a flatline with the mid-day hyper topping out at 168 and is a moderate roller coaster.

I'd like to flatten out the overnight line. It gently falls from 122 @ 12:48 a.m. to 60 @ 7:48 a.m. So I reduced my 4 a.m. to 7 a.m. basal rate from 1.2 units/hour to 1.1 units/hour. I'll see if this affects the overnight trend in the days ahead.

The 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. rise came after I ate one Dex4 tab to treat the morning low. I had two cups of coffee with cream during this time. I often give myself 0.3 units to counteract the cream in the coffee but didn't do this yesterday. It looks like I should give this coffee dose. I was below 70 for about 25 minutes with a 60 bottom, perhaps I elicited some counter-regulatory response.

Before I ate I went out for a 40 minute walk at 10:15 a.m. That stopped the rise and the line started to fall at 11 a.m. I took my insulin at 11 a.m. and ate at 11:30 a.m. as my BG resumed its climb to top out at 168. I'm not quite what to attribute that push up from the morning low to the 168 top. The walk slowed and then temporarily reversed it but it pushed back up.

The meal insulin combined with a 20 minute walk at 12:30 finally turned around that upward push.

The afternoon flattened out nicely and there's hardly any BG evidence of my dinner insulin dose at 5:10 p.m. and meal at 5:30 p.m. My 20 minute walk starting at 7:30 p.m. shows a dive toward 70 around 8:15 that I countered with 2 Dex4s. I should have set a temporary basal in anticipation of this walk. I might have averted that low.

I finished the day with rebound to the 140 level. I took a BG correction of 0.65 units at 10:30 p.m. before I slept.

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Where are you Medicare? The elephant was not in the room

This was the question burning in people’s mind and passionately talked about yesterday and today at the General Sessions of the AACE/ACE Consensus Conference on Glucose Monitoring, an event to bring together in Washington, DC all relevant stakeholders to Read on! →

#MedicareCoverCGM Panel Discussion

If you follow the diabetes online community, you know that #MedicareCoverCGM is a big deal. We have continued to raise awareness on #MedicareCoverCGM because we believe that ALL people living with diabetes should have access to continuous glucose monitors (CGM). With Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service