This is the area for those things that just are'nt right. For instance from yesterday to today my Dexcom sensor has been off. If I fingerstick 100 the Dex says 180, if Im 150 the Dex says 260! So, the PG expression is "what in the world?" Normally, I would just call it a Snafu.

Todays trend which is not my actual BGs but the CGMS going nuts.

Views: 906

Replies to This Discussion

thanks for sharing jrt! I always find it interesting when I trouble shoot and find the ___ (pump, cgm, insulin, etc.) was not the problem I thought it was. Hope it's a little better behaved for you today!
Whompin' Awful Day. Some of the blips there don't even make mountains -- you have to look close to even see they're there. If I promise to behave tomorrow, will you please not shoot me? Fat chance! I'm going to a music workshop on Sunday, and won't have any control over food choices and meals, so maybe this was to prepare me for the week to come.

Noooooo it's all gonna improve Natalie, the gremlins have to go into hibernation soon!
Had over 200 highs yesterday, no food, for no apparent reason. Today I felt lightheaded before I left PT and was at 48. 70 when I got there and had 4 skittles. The tootsie roll was good though :)

Have a blast Sunday, sounds like fun!

The first high is 50 higher than fs, the rest are real ;( NO idea what happened, tday was way better LOL Ate 55 cho (tons for me, usually under 30). Tomorrow is another day to quote our esteemed founder! The poor Colombian button man is exhausted from running up and down all day.
Set for 80-120.

Yes, that is a bumpy rollercoaster, except for the one elevator up, you still drew in the lines. The Dex looses track of Nate too if he goes up like that quick. Where's your pink skin? Is that a cell phone case? Nate uses Dex's zipper pouch. Hey, I'd love to get your chestnut dressing recipe. Trader Joe's has peeled and cooked chestnuts, thought that sounded good. :)

Hmmm this is the only one I can find, and it's 14.95. Still worth it, maybe more searching would yield a lower price? It's the LG VX8550 Chocolate Verizon Original Pouch with Belt Clip and Wristlet

"Synchronicity"

Two CGMs Jaybyrd? Or two different days?

Sensor dies early

This sensor was only one week old yesterday. I went to bed two nights ago with a smooth well flowing line and woke up to this bumpy lumpy line. Real BG does not move this way. It's a much smoother action. There's several breaks, or discontinuities, that are classic markers of a failing sensor. You can also see where I've calibrated (red stars) and the calibration number is well off the line.

I was hoping this situation would correct itself but I've decided to pull the sensor today. My overnight line looks a lot like this mess!

When to pull the plug!

Terry you beat me too it, I was just about to upload this when I saw your post. Will still share it anyway as the circumstances were a bit different.
Had my sensor die after only 20 days - which is a week short for my norm. Placed a new one and it was crap from the get go. Pinging me low overnight repeatedly when I was anything but. Tried to give it a day or two as I do not listen to dexter on the first two days without a double check but this just kept getting worse. All the ups and downs had no relation to my BG readings and then it finally kept doing the low!! thing and would not calibrate. First time for me! Have not pulled a sensor on day 2 before this. New sensor from the same box, placed in the same general area has been reasonably accurate, first week is always a bit variable for me.
Can't call dexcom for a new sensor since that box expired 2 weeks ago. Have 3 more left from that lot so will be interesting to see how they run. Hate to waste them even if I'm not out of pocket for them.

Attachments:

When the line is lumpy, it makes me suspicious of the data. Your line looks familiar.

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Meet The 2014 Big Blue Test Grant Recipients

This year Diabetes Hands Foundation has pledged US$35,000 in Big Blue Test grants, continuing its support for programs aimed at providing lifesaving supplies, medical tests, treatment, and patient education to people living in need who have or at risk Read on! →

Kim Vlasnik: The Patient Voice

Kim Vlasnik, you NAILED it! In this video, Kim Vlasnik takes our breath away as she describes what its like to be a person with diabetes. Fortunately, Stanford’s Medicine-X Conference gives ePatients, like Kim, a chance to speak since we carry the Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service