I received my Contour USB Meter today, it was nice recieving 2 boxes of test strips for a total of  50 free test strips.  I called the 800 number to register my meter and they are sending me another box of 25 free test strips.  

Views: 876

Replies to This Discussion

I told you its a good deal isn't it! I'm glad you called its worth it that's a good freebie! Plus those strips! Sweet deal I got mine too! I'm happy with it!
HELLO RIKKI
CAN YOU PLEASE GIVE ME THE 8OO# FOR THE CONTOUR USB METER.
THANK YOU
ODESSA
1-888-352-2937
Yeah, I need that number too please.

Also, I don't think I can get the USB meter to work. It requires Windows and I am a Linux user.

Any thoughts??
It might work with GNU Gluco Control...http://ggc.sourceforge.net/index.php?show=download
Might be able to mount the USB as a drive and use the data file in glucocontrol... (yes there is a linux version in that page)

None of the FDA approved meters or devices are officially supported by Linux...
Could try Wine....
the software on the meter is java based and should work under linux
Rikki
How do you like you meter. I just love my USB, even have one as a back up. I don't leave home with out mine.

Chele
I recently signed up for a free contour usb and it came today... funny thing is... I got THREE of them.. LOLOLOL.. depending on how I like it (how well it compares to my other meters) I will keep one or maybe two (one for spare in the car if I forget mine) BUT... I will definitely have a free one for someone else...

I would prefer pickup as I don't really want to ship.. I am in Auburn, CA... but if someone really needs it.. I may consider shipping.. YEAH!

Kinda strange though, it requires charging. I am bad enough not remembering to charge my phone, not sure how I will do having something else to charge too. And not sure how long the charge is going to last.
Did your meter come with test strips? I am also getting a freebie Contour USB from the company (Bayer), but I don't know if it comes with any strips or not. I am only allowed to order strips free from my insurance company every three months, and I not due for another allotment of strips for about another month or so.
Do you still have an extra usb meter? The offer has expired.
Thanks, Spritesmom
I just did both the contour usb and my one touch and they were both 107 on the nose. That thrills me... cuz the usb has so many features, it will save me from having to enter on my cell phone. YEAH!
Here is the Bayer website where I applied for my free Contour USB meter. The application says its a kit, but I'm not for sure if it has strips in it. There is no big hassle to qualify, I just filled out the form and they sent me an email saying it will be shipped within two or three days.

Order your CONTOUR USB meter

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Diabetes Among Hispanics: We’re not all the same

US Hispanics are often portrayed in the press as a single, monolithic group. But anyone who has spent any time in San Francisco’s Mission District or the Bronx can tell you, we’re not all the same. Now we’re finding out Read on! →

Diabetes entre los hispanos: no somos todos iguales

Traducido por Mila Ferrer.    A menudo los Hispanos en Estados Unidos son retratados en la prensa como un solo grupo, monolítico. Pero cualquiera que haya pasado algún tiempo en el  Mission District de San Francisco o el Bronx se Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service