I scanned my CVS card at the coupon printing machine last night and got a coupon for $10 off the Delica. It was on sale for $9.99. I probably got this coupon because I am signed up for the Extra Care Advantage for Diabetes. So if you are also a member of this, you may likely get the same coupon.

Views: 570

Replies to This Discussion

If you are referring to the Delica, it is a lancing device from OneTouch that is supposed to minimize pain.
I have not tried it yet. But I have read numerous positive reviews of it. I'm not sure if I'll use it. I'm on the OmniPod and carry my PDM in a small neoprene case and use the little neoprene holder that comes with the True2Go meter to hold my vial of strips and the mini lancer that came along with the True2Go meter. I don't think it would be as convenient to carry along a full sized lancing device. But I'm a sucker for diabetes freebies. One never knows when something may come in handy.
What is this true2go device you speak of. www.TheDiabeticCamper.blogspot.com
Here is a link to an image of what it looks like. It is basically a meter that snaps on the top of a vial of strips. When I got it, it came with a neoprene sleeve that fits around the vial and attached to the sleeve is a small piece of looped elastic that will hold the mini lancet that comes with the kit.True2Go Meter
That link doesn't work, David. I tried it...
David, it's a tiny device.
I just got an accu-chek multiclix from my endo last week, and it's less painful than the delica which I love(d). Definitely switching to multiclix, but will use my delicas for backup.
I use the multi clix as well and really like it too. Www.TheDiabeticCamper.blogspot.com
I've got one of those Multiclix, too, and while I can get my lancets for free from the military, I pay for the drums out of my own pocket, because It is easier to use, and much less painful! I'd love to get another, to carry around, but I need to save up a little, and then find a way to carry it with my meter!
Favorite two lancing devices are the Accu Chek Multiclix and the Delica...
If i have to use a non-proprietary lancet device, Im partial to the Bayer Microlet 2 (for ergonomics), with either of the BD lancets... (green or blue).. The problem with most lancet devices is the drift of the needle .. the Multiclix uses a slightly larger needle than some, BUT since it doesn't drift, its much more precise (its actually cam driven) and less painful.. The Delica tries to do something similar trying to stablize the spring mechanism... My only gripe with the delica device is it feels really cheap for the cost... and i don't like the lancing cap.. Another device I liked was the Renew by Cam-Am (Makers of Dex4).. Its a shame it didn't catch on... I bought a few on clearance at Target.. There was the Pelikan Sun but it was very expensive and they seemed more worried about asthetics than possible theft.. Mentioned that it really should come with a boring black case and a finish other than gold.. It just says STEAL ME like an Ipod.. and they sort of copped an atitude with me saying. well you shouldnt leave it laying around. Reality vs ideaism again.. Reality is D people do occasionally leave meters and things in their car, and dont want stuff to draw attention to itself...
I've never tried the Multiclix and my main concern is the needle gauge but you addressed that in your post. Still haven't tried the Delica as I don't think it would fit in my makeshift neoprene pouch that holds my OmniPod PDM, strips and mini lancer from a True2Go meter. I was shocked at how much I really liked the lancing devices that came with the TreuRead and True2Go meters

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Meet The 2014 Big Blue Test Grant Recipients

This year Diabetes Hands Foundation has pledged US$35,000 in Big Blue Test grants, continuing its support for programs aimed at providing lifesaving supplies, medical tests, treatment, and patient education to people living in need who have or at risk Read on! →

Kim Vlasnik: The Patient Voice

Kim Vlasnik, you NAILED it! In this video, Kim Vlasnik takes our breath away as she describes what its like to be a person with diabetes. Fortunately, Stanford’s Medicine-X Conference gives ePatients, like Kim, a chance to speak since we carry the Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service