Anyone know of any apps being developed for the iPhone? I just switched from a Treo 650, and am missing my CalorieKing carb database, among other things.

I know with the SDK release that we are likely to see some cool things in June, but am wondering if anyone has learned about any diabetes-specific apps.

Tags: iPhone

Views: 506

Replies to This Discussion

geek in training here. I found 2 apps to be helpful. Wishing for CalorieKing app, in the mean time found CarbsControl $1.99 Coheso, Inc to be a workable sub.

Another free app, with video content courtesy of dLife is WaveSense Diabetes Manager. Fairly simple to use to record gluose, carbs and insulin data in one place. Includes space for note.

Tried several bb apps and was very disappointed. The iphone/itouch apps are much nicer and easier to use.

-C
This looks pretty interesting:
http://ibgstar.com/web/ibgstar
Not calorie software, but might make BG logging a bit better.
For Carb counting values I use Nutrition Menu, which costs .99, but is so worth it. Has values for a lot of restaurants, as well as values for other food items. It's been handy for times when I bring my lunch, but forget the carb values. It also has features that track your weight & activity as well. I also found an App called GluCoMo, which has a really nice looking interface, but so far it dosen't use mmol/L so I havn't used it. I sent an email to them so hopefully they will push out an update soon (it can use metric for height & weight so I don't know why they didn't have it as an option for Blood Glucose).

I just "dusted off" Glucose Buddy and have started using it again. I don't love it, but it's been the best so far in my opinion.
I found that glucose buddy (search the itunes store for it, its free) works pretty well for trending. don't think it reads meters but if you track things with teh app it will help you trend things. http://www.glucosebuddy.com/ is thier website and its free (my favorite kind of app)

Free Insulin & Carbohydrate Calculator

Check it out! This is an awesome little app that makes calculating those ratios a bit easier.

I use a app called rxremindme, its a great reminder program for taking your meds and insulin. the app gives a running total of how much insulin is left in your pen and you can set up 'as needed' doses for adjustments of insulin etc.

The Calorie King app is available for iPhone now so grab that if you haven't already.

I'm also a fan of Ayogo's Diabesties. Admittedly I work there, but it's very easy to use, connects you with friends and is free.

Ayogo is also working on some apps for kids. :)

Cheers,
Adrian

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

DHF Partners with HelpAround in an Effort to Connect People Touched by Diabetes

Leer en español Technology has the amazing ability to ease the stress associated with diabetes; It simply makes our lives a little more bearable. That’s why we are excited to announce DHFs partnership with HelpAround. This new application will help Read on! →

La Diabetes Hands Foundation y HelpAround uniendo las personas tocadas por la diabetes

Para nuestra comunidad de diabetes la tecnología ha venido a llenar muchos vacíos y a hacer de nuestras vidas un poco mas llevaderas. Eso mismo nos proporciona una nueva aplicación de geo-localización llamada HelpAround (Ayuda a tu alrededor). HA Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service