so i'm new to the site and the group, please bear with me if i crash through any of the social rules here.

is anyone else as frustrated as i used to be with pump tubing? ok, so i only put up with it for 5 days before i figured out a solution that works for me. and i've been testing it for the last year and a half and it works pretty well in most cases and i suspect it will work better when i find the right kind of plastic glue.

but i keep my tubing wound up with it, it pulls out and releases as easily as i need it to [most of the time!] and it keeps the pets from catching my tubing [jumping dog] or biting it [i rescue abandoned/feral kittens]
my endo, his PA and my diabetes educator/nutritionist all think it's a good idea so i guess it's time to share my little invention?

and technically, this is putting it in the public domain, so by posting it here, i know i've just made it non patentable by anyone. and i prefer that. it's something that most people could make at home so there's no need to medical supply companies to get even more of our money.

if anyone is interested i can make a full set of instructions out of my photos in a few weeks when i can afford to reinstate my flickr account

Tags: pump, tubing, tubing management

Views: 15

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

This is very creative. I love it!
actually it finally wore out on wednesday and i realized just how much i rely on it - i've lost two infusion sites to caught tubing since then. i have the new case and can just transfer the mechanism over to the new case as soon as i drill it. the lid to the case snapped off, it was a living hinge style thing and it wore out
Marti:

Can you send me the parts lists and where you got them ?

I like th looks f it and the tube is a pain in as I get it caught on everything.

Tanks
Kevin Walls
um... i dismantled old film cameras from the thrift store. looks like the parts i ended up using came from a vivitar PN2011 but i wouldn't count on finding another one.
also a dental floss container. i used tom's of maine because it was smooth and clear and had peel off stickers. but i've seen the same case since on some oral B

http://www.flickr.com/photos/catastrophegirl/sets/72157615591496970...

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

DHF receives $200,000 grant from Novo Nordisk

Grant given to support programs aimed at bringing together people touched by diabetes for positive change BERKELEY, CA: December 4, 2014 – Diabetes Hands Foundation (DHF) has received a grant of US$200,000 from Novo Nordisk to support programs aimed at Read on! →

Guest Post: World Diabetes Day 2014 on Twitter… sifting through the data

At Symplur we track hashtags, keywords, user accounts, and pretty much anything else on Twitter that has to do with healthcare. We collect the data and then build countless ways to slice it up so that we’re able to better Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service