just got my CGM Friday, I am having a lot of trouble witht the covering.  Using the IV3000 sent with the CGM.  So far, put it on at training, had to replace once there.  Later that day I had to add some first aid tape to keep it down.  Replaced it twice today.  Tried using the IV prep to make it stick better.  (they told me not to use near insertion point) that did not seem to help.  I read an old thread with lots of opinions about covers.  The tape leaves a nasty residue, but I can get that off with makeup remover, but yuck.

what is your latest greatest advice for what product to use.  Also any advise about best place to wear the sensor, seems to bother me more than the insertion site, maybe just cuz it's new, but itches a bit and I just seem to "feel" it there.

Views: 118

Replies to This Discussion

I use Tegaderm, which I like a lot better. It's easier to put on, sticks better, at least for me, and leaves less of a residue. Also, did you wipe the site with alcohol? Alcohol removes any skin oil, and makes sets and CGMs stick better.

I think you have to experiment around with the different tapes available.

As far as where to put the sensor, there is a lot of variety from person to person, and that will also need experimentation.

Natalie ._c-
I like the IV3000 and here is how I apply:

1. Wipe Area with Alcohol Swap and let air dry
2. I cut a IV3000 in Half so I can put 1/2 on just the sensor.
3. I cut a small 1/2" sq piece of paper to put on top of the Transmitter.
The paper prevents the IV3000 residue from gumming up the Transmitter
4. I use the other half of the IV3000 on the Transmitter to hold it down and the paper over the plastic of the Transmitter
I make sure their is a very small space between the 2 half sheets
5. I then put a 2nd IV3000 in the opposite direction over top of both the Sensor and Transmitter to make a water tight area around the Transmitter.

I have been having good luck with this routine. Give it a try.

Kevin

I've had the MM CGM about two weeks and in reading the blogs I never used the IV3000. I use "Hypaflex" 4" tape and haven't had any problems. Hypaflex is the same tape that is used for our quick-sets and sensors. There are others but for the cost this is the best for me. I hope that this helps.

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

An eye opening experience at @CWDiabetes!

Last month, I had one of the most amazing experiences I have had with technology since I have been living with diabetes. It happened at the Focus On Technology conference organized by Children With Diabetes in Los Angeles (the first Read on! →

World Diabetes Day at REALM Charter School

REALM Charter is a middle school full of amazing young people eager to learn about World Diabetes Day. Team DHF spent the day with over 300 students and taught them about the Big Blue Test and what they can do Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service