Has anyone ever utilized Apidra in their MM pump? If so can you tell me what is the active insuline time for Apidra?

Views: 162

Replies to This Discussion

I use Apidra and LOVE it! The active time that I have set on my pump is 4 hours! Apidra is wonderful that you can dose 15 minutes before a meal or 20 minutes after. Good luck!

What did you use before Apidra insulin? Why did you switch?

I used Humalog and I switched because I could get the Apidra for free between my insurance and the Sanofi Apidra No Co-Pay Savings Card. If your co-pay for your insurance is less than 100 dollars, you end up paying nothing out of pocket. I did not have to change any of the settings on my pump either after switching. The phone number to get one of these cards is 1-855-242-6938. They just sent an email to people with this card stating they are again offering this through December 2013.

does it make that much a difference when you dose?
i usually use the bolus wizard right before i eat.

Does it work as well for you?

It works great for me. I made the switch because my insurance was requiring me to order my Insulin by mail and I prefer to get it from the pharmacy that way I know the temp specs are good and vials won't break. I have been very happy. Maybe your Endo could give you a sample vial that you could try and see if you like it before you switch? I know the fear of switching things up with Insulin can be scary. Good luck!

I have been using apidra for 7 years. My doctor suggested it because he said he had read it had less clogging than Humalog. I rrally di d not see the diffrtence but I stayed with it due to its fast action. It works grrat for me and is free as well, too. Hence I, of course, will continue to use it. I find Apidra's duration of action is about 3 hours for me. I bolus it 15-20 minutes before a meal.

God bless,
Brunetta

I tried it for about one month because was told it was faster acting and would help prevent the spiking after meals. (was compared with novolog) I did not see any great improvement and since it is off formulary at the VA I went back to novolog and on mornings when I am well organized I bolus about 1/2 hr B4 meals and it seems to help. My Endo said some see a faster response some do not.

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

An eye opening experience at @CWDiabetes!

Last month, I had one of the most amazing experiences I have had with technology since I have been living with diabetes. It happened at the Focus On Technology conference organized by Children With Diabetes in Los Angeles (the first Read on! →

World Diabetes Day at REALM Charter School

REALM Charter is a middle school full of amazing young people eager to learn about World Diabetes Day. Team DHF spent the day with over 300 students and taught them about the Big Blue Test and what they can do Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service