I've used the sensors for three weeks. Two were a bloody mess, even though I use IV300 to cover them. Does anyone hand insert or should I just continue using the Senserter? I have been on a 722 for 5 years before I got the Revel 723.

Views: 150

Replies to This Discussion

Try inserting at a slightly different angle. My first insertions bled.
Trainer said bleeding good since it wets faster. ^^;
Mine are almost always bloody, no matter what I do. I also find that bloody sensors get wet faster, and seem to be more accurate. They're just ugly!
I used to use this sensor and had the same bleeding issues...intermittently. I found the deeper angle of insertion helped the needle entry. I did give up on it though because of "lost sensor" and restarts, as well as it seemed so sluggish in the low range. I loved that I could see when I was climbing up though and miss that. Now I want to try the Dexcom but not super confident I won't have issues and then there is the $$$$$$ thing...anyone try the Dexcom and how does it compare?
Recently I called MM for financial information on starting the CGM and then I called Dexcom for the same type of information. Since I don't have insurance for either brand of CGM, I learned that the MM system is about $600 more than the Dexcom. Sorry I can't compare them for you as I've never tried the MM system. I do have the 723 but I didn't get the CGM at starting time with the pump because of the $ involved. I already had the Dexcom, so thought I should stick with that at least until the guarantee runs out.
I agree with Mary about trying to change the angle. Try tipping the senserter up on its "feet." I also ice the spot before inserting, then apply some pressure to the needle-end of the sensor.
Thanks everybody. I'll try a different angle.
Since you are now on a Medtronic Paradigm Revel 773 pump:. What type of inserter do no now use?. Never heard of a "Senserter" I am on the Revel 523 and use Quick Set with an inserter that is held against the body and with one push of the button, in it goes; no bleeding.

If you take any aspirin this can cause bleeding.
If the inserter you are now using creates bleeding call Medtronics and ask for a different kind of inserter.
There are three types of Infusion Sets; it is our choice. They sent me all three choices when I went on the pump; neat to use each one until I found the one that worked best for me.

Hope you find an inserter that works.

Hello Lee. The 'Sen-serter' is the device for the CGM inserter. It's the blue and white plastic device that MiniMed sent to me for the sensors. It says "Sen-serter" on the side. I don't like the thing and I insert the sensors manually. I have used both the Quick Set and the Mio. I use the Quick Set. I guess just a little easier for me to deal with. I insert those manually as well. My insurance now covers the CGM and I will try them for a few months. Seems like a lot of work to control big 'D'. Had the 722 for five years with no issues. I do take 81 mg of aspirin in the morning under my doc's advice. This year I had screenings for MRI, Echocardiogram, and a nuclear stress test called Lexiscan. I have no heart disease even after 30 years with 'D. My A1C is 6.0, so I guess I'm on track. Now if I could just get this neuropathy to go away.........
Bleeding interferes with the readings once they clot. I found it best to find an area of looser fattier than where I normally put my pump site. But then again, my sensor died once the internal battery failed 2 weeks after the warranty

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

#OpposeAB1893: California Bill that Burdens People with Diabetes on Insulin

A couple of days ago I learned that the California State Assembly is considering AB-1893 Sharps waste, which in (if approved) will mandate that: “Sharps sold to the general public in California shall be sold with a sharps waste container Read on! →

FDA Docket Extended! We Need You.

If you are new to diabetes advocacy in the traditional sense of the word, you may be thinking, “What the heck is a docket!?” I certainly was the first twenty times I heard it (yes it took that long). For Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Heather Gabel
(Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator
Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators
Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service