Hi
Has anyone had difficulty with loading the carelink software on to a Pc with Windows Vista? Ive tried it a couple of times and I get 'A Patient database error 75'. If anyone has any ideas suggestions would be great !!

Views: 57

Replies to This Discussion

It works, but will not work with 64 bit windows vista, windows 7 64 bit. I have also gotten it to work in linux. :) Are you using 64 bit windows vista?
I have a laptop running Kubuntu 9.04. I would be most interested to hear how you got Carelink to run in linux.
I'm heading to bed before the baby wakes up which will be early

I can give the same directions that worked for Ubuntu 9.04 - just change the repositories - :) I'll have something for you in the morning :) it's 11pm est right now
Hi there,

I would also be very interested in the process of getting the system working on Linux.

I have managed to get the login screen via firefox + altering the useragent sent by the browser, but cannot get past the vbscript portions of the login process.

I also attempted to run ies4linux however it seems to have become a tad stale and fails with more recent versions of wine. Once I had IE installed I was unable to fool the far end site into thinking the system met the OS requirements (Browser was reporting win98 instead of 2k+)

Anyone else have any ideas or see something I was missing?

Dave
(Partner of the Tracy)
if nobody here can help you, try calling the minimed support ream (but i have a feeling they'll tell you "too bad, so sad")
I'm running Carelink in 32-bit Vista. I had to call MiniMed software customer service, but they were really very helpful and walked me through the process. It's fairly complicated but you only have to install once. Give them a call!
Thats Great Guys
Thanks a mill
The minimed rep at my son's endo office said there "should" be a carelink compatible with Vista 64 bit after the first of the year.
*holds breath*
I don't have Vista, bu I've had the same problem with XP. My Dell Vostro 1710 does not recognize the device... Bummer :(
try going to tools on internet explorer and internet opions, security, and untick the enable protected mode, then close windows explorer and try to load your carelink software that was what the problem was with mine on windows vista the problem with that is you have to tick it once finshed then untick it when you want to go back onto it. i had the database error also so hopely this will help. please let us know how you go.

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

#OpposeAB1893: California Bill that Burdens People with Diabetes on Insulin

A couple of days ago I learned that the California State Assembly is considering AB-1893 Sharps waste, which in (if approved) will mandate that: “Sharps sold to the general public in California shall be sold with a sharps waste container Read on! →

FDA Docket Extended! We Need You.

If you are new to diabetes advocacy in the traditional sense of the word, you may be thinking, “What the heck is a docket!?” I certainly was the first twenty times I heard it (yes it took that long). For Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Heather Gabel
(Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator
Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators
Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service