For those that the CareLink USB doesn't work for Windows 7, had called MiniMed and got instructions if you had placed the CareLink USB in before your suppose to...
I had to ask for help in and try to figure out why I couldn't install the CareLink USB... Had to swallow my pride of being a computer programmer cause I couldn't figure this one out....
I thought I would give instructions on when you are axious to upload your data instead of following instructions. Yes, I'm one of those geeks that throw the manual away and do it myself cause the manual is wrong.
Here is the instructions I followed by the nice tech....
CareLink USB for Windows 7
1. Do not connect CareLink USB to computer
2. Navigate to C:\ProgramData
a. Delete “Medtronic” folder
3. Empty Recycling Bin on Desktop
4. Clear out all Internet Explorer windows
5. Go to Start --> All Programs Find Internet Explorer (DO NOT CLICK ON IT) Right click on IE and you’ll see “Run as Administrator”
a. Internet Explorer will open up navigate to CareLink Website https://carelink.minimed.com
b. Log into your account
6. Go to “UP Load” follow instructions on the screen. System will install the new driver and will recreate a new folder in C:\ProgramData.
7. Important: Only insert CareLink USB into the USB port on computer when it asks for it.
8. Make sure all alarms, warnings, have enough battery power at least two bars on the pump before transmitting data.
9. Just follow through the screens when needing to prepare for first upload.
10. Oh make sure you have java install….